Re: Sims 4 Sims Aren't Sleeping

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Re: moodlit sleeping bug

★★★★★ Novice

Actually the bug has stopped happening since the update, I think one of my mods was the cause but since I've updated both the game and the mod I have not seen the bug. 

Unrelated, but I and many other simmers have been having bugs with the hamster cages from My First Pet Stuff, mostly with Sims freezing and the game crashing. I have tested this problem without mods and it still occurs, could you please look into it? Thank you.

Message 11 of 18 (531 Views)

Sims 4 Sims Aren't Sleeping

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? The latest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim fall asleep without being told to by you.
What happens when the bug occurs? So what happens is when my sims go to sleep on their own (I.e. without me telling them to do it) the animation shows them asleep, but the left side activity panel doesn't show them asleep and their Energy Need doesn't fill even though the sim is in bed with Zzzz's coming from them.  I have to click on the bed and physically tell the sim to sleep.
What do you expect to see? My sim asleep, the activity panel on the left showing they're asleep, and their energy need filling
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I removed it prior to the June 3 update and have not reinstalled it because I was waiting for Eco Living to download and for MCCC to update for that EP before I added it back in.  This sim was not created with Mods in the game.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? The June 3rd 2020 patch

Message 12 of 18 (608 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @ChrinnieSims - Is there a particular moodlet that seems to be keeping them awake? Or is it just every time they autonomously sleep? I found a previous report from over a year ago, although most reported it wasn't an ongoing thing and/or was caused by a mod or cc: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-moodlit-sleeping-bug/m-p/7723616/highlight/true#M...

Since you've already removed all your mods/cc, could you try a game repair to see if that helps the issue? Exit TS4 completely first, then right-click on the game icon in Origin and choose "Repair". Make sure you let it run through the base game and all the packs before you enter the game. Then check to see if it's still happening.

If that doesn't clear it up, let us know. A screenshot of the problem could be very helpful, too. Thanks! 

Message 13 of 18 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have enclosed a screen grab.  It happened after whohoo.  I also did repair game and started a new save file just in case.... Same result  And it's become a regular issue to the point I have to make sure I click the specific sleep action on the bed otherwise they arise to go to work without having refilled energy.  It only happens when the sim goes to bed without my command, though.

Message 14 of 18 (536 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thank you for the information... it sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-not-getting-sleep-moodlet-after-woohoo-althoug...

Let me know if that's it, and I'll move your report to the master thread

Message 15 of 18 (521 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ChrinnieSims - do you think the bug report that I listed is the same as your issue? 

Message 16 of 18 (490 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry, had a bit of a busy day...

It seems like it, from my point of view.  So if you want to merge, then please merge away! :D

Message 17 of 18 (473 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ChrinnieSims - I did merge your post into the bug report for this issue. Standard smile  Please make sure your game is patched to the newest version & double check to see if the issue still persists. If it does, @SimGuruNick may still be wanting saves - see the post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-moodlit-sleeping-bug/m-p/7818848#M88783

Message 18 of 18 (457 Views)