by montrealwizzy

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Windows do not cast a shadow

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Windows do not cast light inside the room. No shadows from the windows.
What happens when the bug occurs? Windows do not cast light inside the room. No shadows from the windows.
What do you expect to see? The shadow of the window indoors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

‌In the game mode in the rooms there are no shadows from the windows, all the settings are ultra graph, the laptop mode is turned off. Was there such a problem, help me?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,541 Views)

Re: Windows do not cast a shadow

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@montrealwizzy Windows are working properly in my game.  Keep in mind that the time of day and positioning of windows has a lot to do in determining whether light streams through them strongly enough to create patterns on the floor.  Have you already tried viewing the room at different times of the day?  You can also try rotating its position.  You should be able to see light streaming through from at least one side of the house.  From your image, you didn't have any windows at one end, and perhaps that was the direction from which light would have streamed. 

If you aren't getting light streaming in from any direction no matter what you do, please try the following steps: 1) Remove all mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the windows in the new save.  You should also make sure that your graphics drivers are fully up to date.  If none of the above helps, please let us know.

Message 2 of 5 (1,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BryonyRae i have the same issue, that did not work either ://
Message 3 of 5 (1,228 Views)

Hero
@corneliajuhl What graphics settings do you have your game on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,224 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Windows do not cast a shadow

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share their Config.log with me (located in your TS4 folder)? A save file couldn't hurt either. You can DM me the link to your files, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (1,179 Views)