by deejcake

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] [VGSP] Problems assigning a bed to the butler

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.46.18.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All 5 expansion packs Game packs: Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, and Spa Day Stuff packs: Backyard stuff, Vintage glamour, perfect patio, movie hangout, bowling stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try assigning your butler to a bed in their own room that absolutely no one has entered before. Give access only to the butler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing at all. My butler is not assigned a bed and the game continues on normally. Butler leaves at the end of the day.
What do you expect to see? My butler should become a live-in butler, but she always leaves at the end of the day and a new one shows up the next morning. The 'assign to butler' option should become greyed out once he/she is assigned a bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have hired a butler and created her her own room, I even clicked the bedroom door to allow access only to her. For some reason, when I click on the bed and press 'assign bed to butler,' it does not work because she still leaves at the end of the day and a new butler shows up in the morning. Why is 'assign bed to butler' not working? I have tried completely deleting the room and adding it back. I have fired multiple butlers...not sure what else to do. I do not get an error mesage or anything when I try it..I've been waiting to see her wave her hands in the air or for something to show up over her head thinking the bed was blocked... but nope...nothing. All of my sims have the option to assign her a bed, it is not greyed out or anything. What is up?

Oh, and when shoe does show up in the morning she stands by the side of the house for hours before actually coming into the house...

Message 1 of 10 (1,357 Views)

Re: Problems assigning a bed to the butler

Hero
Is this happening living in an apartment or house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,349 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

A house

Message 3 of 10 (1,347 Views)

Hero

Hi  @deejcake

I tested this on my own house but had no issues with this.

Did you test multiple houses or just one specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just tried assigning a bed to the butler in a different household and played until it was night time to see if she would stay, and she did. Not sure why it isn't working in my household.

Message 5 of 10 (1,278 Views)

Hero

Could you move the family out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,271 Views)

Hero

Hi @deejcake

did you have any luck with my suggestion ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey @crinrict

It actually did work, but the butler has since started leaving at night again and I have tried to assign her/him a bed again without any luck. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,209 Views)

Hero

@deejcake

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,154 Views)

Hero

Hi @deejcake

did you see my post above ? Would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,130 Views)