by SDPhantomGamer

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] [V] Vampire can't get through bodybuilder aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play as a vampire doing the bodybuilder aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? when you get to the aspiration's stage 2 and need to be energized while pushing the limit during a workout for an hour you can't as the vampires apparently can't get energized.
What do you expect to see? honestly I'd expected to see the energized mood still despite the vampire's energy being different but failing that a warning in the CAS that the aspiration is not completable by vampires would have been nice
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

please resolve this somehow, even if it is just the warning in the CAS I mentioned, I can't have been the only person to do this and realize that my vampire couldn't complete the bodybuilder aspiration after putting in several hours of play.

Message 1 of 5 (688 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [V] Vampire can't get through bodybuilder aspiration

Champion
I didn't try completing the aspiration step, but I did load up the game as the Vatores and check out moods.

I was able to get Caleb in an energized mood just fine by taking a brisk shower. I had all the options on gym equipment to do energized workouts OK.

Are you sure you don't have any other issues stopping them entering the right emotion? For example I couldn't get Lilith in an energized mood while she had a tense buff from sun phobia overriding everything.

Or if you have the deadened emotions ability, then you won't have emotions at all. Those things can be removed though with the thing that resets vampire perks. Or you can try curing the vampirism while you do the aspiration.

Just hope that you don't get the bugs where you cure the vampire, or remove perks and they still have the effects afterwards.
Message 2 of 5 (661 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [V] Vampire can't get through bodybuilder aspiration

Hero

Hi @TheAmnesiacRevan

since  @simvasion can't duplciate, did you test this with no mods as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (629 Views)

Re: [V] Vampire can't get through bodybuilder aspiration

Hero

@TheAmnesiacRevan 

did you have a chance to test this with no mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (602 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [V] Vampire can't get through bodybuilder aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I never had a problem getting a vampire into an energized mood. It's one of my most frequent moods given how often I use Dark Meditation to regain energy. It adds a +1 energized buff that lasts 4 hours.

PS: You should take into consideration what powers you have and how vampires work in general. If going for a jog without sun resistance, it's best to do so at night or during cloudy weather if you have seasons. Otherwise, I'd opt for using athletic equipment indoors where it's safe. Also, keep an eye on your thirst. The uncomfortable moodlets are +2/+3 compared to the +1 that a normal sim gets.

Message 5 of 5 (588 Views)