Re: Teen sim leaves school if game saved & exited during school ho

by crinrict

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] Teen sim leaves school if game saved & exited during school hours

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion and game packs except Cats and Dogs, Back yard sp, Kids room sp
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If I save and quit while teen is at school, when I restart she is back home and gets a 'left school early' penalty.
What happens when the bug occurs? Teen is home early and gets a performance penalty.
What do you expect to see? Teen staying at school or immediately returning to finish day when game is reloaded
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Pre Cats & Dogs update.

This may also affect sims at work (haven't tested this) and those playing rotationally (see existing bug report).

Message 1 of 6 (447 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Teen sim leaves school if game saved & exited during school ho

Hero

Hi @helenthehunter

I just tested this on an old save and my kids were all still back at school even on an old save. They were at school before the patch and I just reloaded and they still were.

Do you have this on multiple saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (435 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Teen sim leaves school if game saved & exited during school ho

★★ Guide

I've only played this one file recently, started it just before the update but the teen went to school for the first time after the patch. Will delete localthumbcache, repair game and let you know what happens. 

Message 3 of 6 (424 Views)

Hero

Does anyone else have this issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (416 Views)

★★ Guide

Seems to be just the one save that has the problem.  I can work around it.

Message 5 of 6 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

And it happens on every household and every time on that save ?

I'm going to leave this on troubleshoot for now to see if there are more users out there with the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (382 Views)