by crinrict

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] Sims movement errors either pathing or logic

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, Strange vile, vampires, laundry day, holiday gift and ghoul guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I been playing in house crick cabana in willow brook. there seems to be a lot of pathing issues. toward the release of sims 4 this happened all the time, but if you click to do something in side the house while your inside the house. the sim will exit house and go close to back right of outside corner. you have to issue command again to get them back in house to do the action. also if your doing random things sim keeps getting confused and doesn't do selected action and you have to reload Que commands. it happens a venues as well the getting confused and forgetting actions. another really annoying issue is back the sims that come over or invited over will stop at mid left of house for little while while confused then move toward door usually will stop before stairs or on stairs confused again. eventually will come to door sometimes you have to leave house to greet them to fix the pathing or whatever is causing issues. if make a club with max sims getting confused and loosing actions are easier to reproduce. just max out Que to different people it fails fairly often. and invited sims messing up on way to front door happens almost every time. the confused and going to back right outside of house happens not to often. sometimes 1 every few game days sometimes couple of times in same game day. this used to annoy me very much long ago. i been playing again for couple of weeks with no issues. now since patch these problems are back. the sims leaving house is also in the apartment they sometimes go to elevator and disappear, sometimes will come back or have to issues new commands to bring them back to apartment. the sims are having lot of pa thing or logic issues in following command Que. another one if sims is Que up list of things, like a book to be put back in shelf and click to eat or talk to a guest sim alot of times it will jump commands and take food out of fridge or bathroom or shower then comeback to put the book up. its very strange its not following the order of commands often.
What happens when the bug occurs? look in 1st description.
What do you expect to see? i expect the sim to do what was in command list and not leave the house when command issue was for just a couple of steps away inside the house. sims not get confused trying to get to front door of my house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the april 16 2019 patch re introduced these issues.

look above i lumped every thing into how can we find the bugs ourselves. I'm having issues to separate all the detailed info into multiple fields.

Message 1 of 10 (2,346 Views)

Re: Sims movement errors either pathing or logic

Hero
COuld you maybe post a video of what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

i never done video before and I do not have camcorder or anything. its not exact reproducible, just happens all the time. I am a IT guy and a build engineer / and software QA. I have a pretty nice rig. its a few years old very clean install.

Spoiler

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.170913-1848)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: Aurora-R4
BIOS: A11
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16302MB RAM
Page File: 8619MB used, 10114MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Not Available
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1189&SUBSYS_107410DE&REV_A1
Display Memory: 10158 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2007 MB
Shared Memory: 8151 MB
Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: UE590_U24E590D (DP)
Monitor Model: U28E590
Monitor Id: SAM0C4D
Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (59.997Hz)
Output Type: Displayport External

Message 3 of 10 (2,282 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

sorry couldn't find a edit button i can upload a save if you like. I created a new save for when the writing the fantasy book messed up. I also tried to repair install through origin no error found. never thought it would i just tried to just to be sure.

Message 4 of 10 (2,281 Views)

Hero

You find edit when you click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the post you want to edit.

Save might be good.

You can take videos in game. There's a video function at the bottom where you can start recording.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (2,279 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

how do i get the save to you and also I will try to make a video.

I usually do not notice the problem till already in a weird state. it all happens very quickly i usually fast forward with x2 or 3 after que up commands. its like I'm confused at first then i realized sim didn't do right things. I'm not sure but i think once i noticed that the command that should of happen 2nd was hung at top while the 3rd command dropped to next command. I maybe mistaken though, i am just guessing as it happened very fast and i am not sure if i saw it proper, but i know the actions are wrong.

but the invited sims stopping on way to front door happens very often.

also you will see sims kind of pause for a time like they are deciding what to do next, but to me seems they are having logic issues. I have never seen sims idle more than seconds maybe less than seconds. so its very noticeable when they just stop for what seems like a long time but probably in reality will be a few seconds. game is fine because my sim is moving and doing things with no delays at all while they seem stuck.

Message 6 of 10 (2,269 Views)

Hero

I won't have much time to check it out myself but I can forward it to QA.

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M83549

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,255 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh and there is one that is very reproducible. did not happen before patch april 16 patch.

when tending bees, seems to happen every time if have mits, some times when just collecting honey.

1st case bees have mits, full honey

que up actions:

a. sim treat mits (sometimes happens here)

b. sim sells honey never get past this part since patch.

c. sim bond with bees.

what happens is at end of a the bee door does not close for long time and then sim walks into home. you have to re que actions b and c. some times fails on b. after re que.

if it doesn't fail on command a. then it will on command b. i have never completed all 3 actions since after patch, but before patch did it all the time no problems.

2nd case bees have honey only.

que actions.

a. sim collects honey

b. sim bonds with bees.

same as above, but i think sometimes it will not get stuck on command b. but bee hive door stay open for a long time after animation finish.

Just one examples of the confused states.

Message 8 of 10 (2,253 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I pm the link, thank you so much for all the help. Sorry i am new to doing more that just describing issue. well except in a office environment where i have access to a global network.

Message 9 of 10 (2,246 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Thanks. I'll forward

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,239 Views)