by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Sims don't go to work

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? find a job for a sim, wait for the time they are supposed to go to work and they won't go.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims stay at home and the job panel shows that their job starts in a minute.
What do you expect to see? Sims should go to work and the job panel should have the go to work button.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I have noticed that all my households budget depleting and I couldn't understand why. Until I noticed that children have stayed at home for more days than they should. And also noticed adults stay at home more often. So I watched my sims closely and here is my sim, Taylor Johnson, at night. I expect him to go to his job as a gardener at 8 in the morning.

sims job at 8.jpg

when he woke up at 6 am, I made him fulfill his needs and waited for him to automatically go to work but it didn't happen. So I clicked on the work panel and the go to work panel isn't their to give the command.

sims dont go to work.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 11 (8,134 Views)

Re: sims don't go to work

Hero
This has been an issue for kids if holidays were scheduled. It shows them to go to work but you can't send them.

Can you delete all holidays from your calender to see if the issue persists ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (8,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I think I accidently discovered the problem of 3 or 4 bugs that may be all related to each other. This was a pear accident.

I fill like have to do a new bug report for this strange bug. It all relates to GTW

If you save an Active work family while they are at their work, and switch households, if the other family is at work they never return home, if they are at home they never go to work or school, because the loaded active work lot tells your sims that a active work lot is active so they can't go to work or school. Sims can not go home to active work lots either.

Affect
Gigs,
Acting Career,
regular jobs,
I am going to see if completing the Active work job fixes it. I can't find the other posts, but it affects all jobs.

Edit: it worked as soon as the active work career sent the sim home that was saved on the active work lot, the other sims that where stuck at work, and couldn't go home was able to return home.  This bug is caused by saving the game at the active work lot and switching households work around to get yours sims to normal don't save find the sims that is saved on the active work lot and finish working, when the game kicks the sim back home all the other sims will be unlocked and your free to change households again.

My test was by accident as I was tired and saved the game when the sim was on the active work lot, almost forgot about it, and changed households Everyone in Sigerworth households where at work, and the one that was home acted like he was away from the lot,  The sims even returned home but no one was there.

Also I was able to test another lot and the sims where there but was missing school so I tried to send them to school, but the game just said they met so and so and the school thing dropped away and reset.

This could also be tied to the gigs in the acting career, or sims in the freelancer profession not clearing their gigs.  The Science Career is the only active career I tested it on, so it could happen in other active careers even the Acting lot.

Message 3 of 11 (8,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That's interesting

That must be a lot of people that do that cause you can't really switch out of the active career unless you save and quit the game.

I did test your theory with the save I got from this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Showing-as-off-lot-while-at-home/m-p/7181756#M77450 and did find one Sim that was in the doctor career still on the lot.

Sending him home did indeed fix the issue.

What other bugs are you referring to ? The cancel gig one ?

EDIT: Hm.. I played some more in that save and it actually fixed itself after a while. As soon as end of the day arrived, the faulty Sim went home (although I didn't play with him) and all went back to normal. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (8,045 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict the not going to school is definitely related to the sims not showing on lot.

I found this out by starting game, I forgot I had a sim at work when I saved I was going to play the other household in Strangervillie for a while, and when I loaded the game all the sims where at work except for 1 sim that said he was on lot but no sims was there and treated it as offlot, I didn't get the option to bring sim home either. So I decided to check to see what family I played with last and I noticed he was at the science building, so I quit game without saving and decided I would look at a different family, went to the pancakes household the two twins where missing school, and so I sent them to school, they immediately got a pop up saying sim just met so in so at school and the school icon went away, but they never went to school. I closed game without saving and went to the sigworth lot again in Strangervillie and they where gone, like before so I played time to see what would happen the kid came home, but never appeared on lot neither did any of the parents. So I left the lot without saving and said, I will just finish that active work career and see what happens. So I loaded my save up and went to the science active work lot where I last saved it at finished the career and got sent back home, than saved the game went to manage neighborhoods back to SigWorth household from Strangerville and all the sims where back like nothing weird happened.
Message 5 of 11 (8,031 Views)

Hero

Hi @muhannad1988 

are you still having issues with this ? Does any of the suggestions help you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (7,981 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Sims don't go to work

★ Novice
@muhannad1988 I’m still currently having this issue, did you find a solution?
Message 7 of 11 (6,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue with not being able to send my sims to work, but the issue goes further that I’m not able to send my sims to their university classes. When I hit the go to class/go to work button nothing happens, I’m not sure how to fix the issue. 

Message 8 of 11 (6,705 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For me, the go to work panel is still there but nothing happens when I click it. What do I do?

Message 9 of 11 (6,684 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

me too

Message 10 of 11 (6,682 Views)