by HiddenTidess

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] Services not working on lot and gets stuck

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure if it will replicate exactly, but hire a maid and gardener and notice their patterns and neglect of other plants/trash on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The maids and gardeners show up barely any, but when they do, they work little to none. Whether they do show up or not, they still pull money from my Sims every single day. Maid is stuck on the porch waving about the mailbox. Barely works if any at all, but they still take money whether they entered the house or not.
What do you expect to see? Hire the service, have them come to the lot, clean the lot or tend the garden, then leave the lot with no problems.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

None of my doors are locked, and other Sims (including NPCs) can do stuff just fine. Fired both of them and tried again to get the same thing, but this time the maid is stuck on my front porch waving and the mailbox in a thought bubble. Even after moving or getting the mail she is still stuck. This is after resetting the NPCs and with a full household. I have mods and CC, but this was doing it well before the mods/CC were added as well.

Message 1 of 10 (1,509 Views)

Re: Services not working on lot and gets stuck

Hero

Does this only happen in a specific household or in all of them ? Could you test a fresh save (no mods/cc) to see if the same issue occurs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,497 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
It happens in all households for them not working or not showing up. And on 2 different computers running different versions of Windows (7 and 8.1), both with and without CC/mods.
Message 3 of 10 (1,485 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @HiddenTidess

Would you be willing to send us a save game where this issue is occurring? (Preferably one with no CC/mods on it)

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 10 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The direct one wouldn't let me attach the file. but here is a link https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhQNtZlHnFQMjggUHXYAw9zDbMbS

Message 5 of 10 (1,446 Views)

EA Staff

Thank you very much! :D

Message 6 of 10 (1,440 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks! Hopefully you guys are able to fix the issue!
Message 7 of 10 (1,429 Views)

Gardener is BUGGED - ver 1.48.94.1020

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? the gardener will not show up unless i cancel them and rehire.
What happens when the bug occurs? For a week straight, the gardener wouldn't show up at all. He will not show up unless I cancel him and rehire. Then when he shows up, he only does half of the work, then leaves. He will also show up but stand on the corner of the lot, but never approach the house at all, then he leaves.
What do you expect to see? I expect him to show up monday-friday at 9am like he's supposed to, and not leave until the work is complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For a week straight, the gardener wouldn't show up at all. He will not show up unless I cancel him and rehire. Then when he shows up, he only does half of the work, then leaves. He will also show up but stand on the corner of the lot, but never approach the house at all, then he leaves.

Is there a fix for this??

Message 8 of 10 (1,314 Views)

Re: Gardener is BUGGED - ver 1.48.94.1020

★★ Apprentice
I also just noticed that if my sim leaves for work before the gardener actually starts working, the gardener will either leave immediately or not approach the house at all. When I delayed my sim from going to work for a few minutes, the gardener actually showed up and completed his work.

I don't wanna have to always be delaying my sim though.
Message 9 of 10 (1,306 Views)

Re: Gardener is stuck a lot

Hero

Hi @SynCode 

merged your post with existing thread

Would you be willing to share your save as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,291 Views)