by BryonyRae

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Pools Outside of Foundation Issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build foundation, build pool on foundation, stretch pool outside of foundation
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't place pool lights in the area outside the foundation
What do you expect to see? To be able to place pool lights without issue
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot (245).png

The light grid shoots up to the top, while the light stays below. This makes it impossible to place lights where you want in this section of the pool, even when you try to place below the water 

Message 1 of 7 (833 Views)

Re: Pools Outside of Foundation Issue

Hero (Retired)

@SproutLee I'm not experiencing this issue in my game; I am able to place pool wall and floor lights normally in all areas of the pool.  One thing I'd recommend trying if you are having trouble with exact placement is to hold down the ALT key while placing.  This will prevent the game from snapping the lights to a spot regardless of where the grid wants to go.  Hope it helps!

Message 2 of 7 (741 Views)

★★★ Guide

@BryonyRae Here's a better example. I'm holding down ALT, but it seems to not want to be placed anywhere above a certain level. 

Message 3 of 7 (732 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SproutLee I tried again to recreate this issue in my game but couldn't.  Which lot are you using to create the pool and could you possibly provide an overhead image of the lot showing exactly where the foundation and pool are placed?  Thanks!

Message 4 of 7 (716 Views)

★★★ Guide

02-06-19_9-46-53 PM.png

@BryonyRae There's issues with placing lights when the pool goes outside of the foundation

Message 5 of 7 (711 Views)

★★★ Guide

Screenshot (308).png

This is the area outside the foundation when trying to place wall light 

I was holding ALT too and it wouldn't let me place any lights 

Message 6 of 7 (709 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SproutLee I was able to identify the lot you're working on based on your screen shot, and I created a foundation with pool in the exact same dimensions.  The only thing I noticed is if your camera is at a certain angle and your mouse cursor is over the pool, the game seems to think you want to snap the lights to the edge of the foundation instead of placing them on the ground near the foundation edge, but moving your cursor out of the pool area fixes this.  Again, I had no problems placing lights in the pool (both floor and wall), although I wonder if you are potentially having some trouble due to whatever camera angle and position you may be using.  I'm sorry I have been unable to duplicate this issue.  I'm going to update the thread as [NEEDS INPUT] so that we can see if others are experiencing it and if so, can perhaps find a way to reproduce it.

Message 7 of 7 (673 Views)