by ScorpiOpal18

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] Play with 3 toys not completing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give child Artistic Prodigy aspiration, complete first set of milestones, attempt to complete play with 3 toys.
What happens when the bug occurs? Milestone "Play with 3 toys" does not complete. Tested with dollhouse and toy box.
What do you expect to see? The aspiration completes as it should.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So my child Sim is currently trying to complete the Artistic Prodigy aspiration. Tried to get her to complete the second set of milestones by having her play with toys but none of them are working. As in, she plays with them but it doesn't complete the milestone.

Is this a bug or is there an easy fix (other than the milestone cheat which I may resort to)?

Message 1 of 11 (20,592 Views)

Re: Play with 3 toys not completing

Hero

This is something I tried just recently and it worked fine for me (for toy box)

Does it not go up at all or can you just not reach 3 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (20,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's not increasing at all. I'll try it on a new game when I get chance.

Message 3 of 11 (20,562 Views)

Hero
Tagging this as needs input to see if others have issues

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (20,560 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Play with 3 toys not completing

★ Pro

Have you tried having the child hug the large stuffed animals, i have 3 different ones and that always works for me.

Message 5 of 11 (20,513 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ScorpiOpal18  Do you still have issues ? Have you tried repairing your game through Origin yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (20,476 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Play with 3 toys not completing

★ Guide

It's all in the way you queue the interactions and which toys you pick.

1. The toys must be the ones that appear in the toy-box, like the Purple Action Figure, Teresa Triceratops, or one of the toys that can be purchased through the toy-box, like the Rubber Ducky. Playing with the giant dinosaur or the violin will not complete this aspiration requirement.

2. Queue something after the "Play with Toy" action, like getting a drink or doing homework. For that matter, you can queue up all three toy interactions and then add "watch TV" to the queue afterwards. Do not meddle with the child while he or she is playing. Once the child finishes playing with the toy, he or she will move on to the next action in the queue autonomously, and the aspiration will be filled.

Message 7 of 11 (20,456 Views)

★★★★ Guide
The doctor set from the parenthood GP also counted (just did this again yesterday in the game). Standard smile
Message 8 of 11 (20,449 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks a lot that help my Sim child clear that task Standard smile

Message 9 of 11 (17,125 Views)

★★ Pro

Buy three DIFFERENT big dolls, like the big bear, the big bunny, the big unicorn, etc. Then give a hug to each of them. They are the ones you can talk to or yell at or hit too, but a pleasant hug should do it. It's the only way I've figured out to get through that part of the aspiration.

Message 10 of 11 (17,091 Views)