Original Post

Highlighted

[TROUBLESHOOT] Parent Keyholder is unable to enter apartment

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1- Create Sim A (Sim A should live in an apartment) 2- Make Sim A have a baby with Sim B (Sim B should live in another house) 3- Sim A gives Sim B the key of her apartment. 4- Sim A leaves for work - A nanny is in her apartment taking care of the baby. 5- Sim B visits Sim A (Sim A is at work, but the baby and the nanny are inside the apartment) 6- Sim B cannot enter Sim A's apartment despite the fact he has the key to enter it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim (having the apartment key) remains outside the apartment and when he knocks on the door a message appears. Something like "There is nobody home". And he cannot enter the apartment.
What do you expect to see? The sim (having the apartment key) should be able to enter the apartment as if it was his own, since he has the key to enter it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

xx 

Message 1 of 10 (613 Views)

Re: apartment

Hero

Hi @DolphinSSA

did you test this without any mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (598 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crinrict,

Yes, I have just tested the same situation without any mods or custom content in the game and the result was the same: Sim B is locked outside the apartment as if he hasn't the key to it.

Message 3 of 10 (582 Views)

Hero
And do you only have this situation for parents that don't live together or is it for all key holders ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (577 Views)

Hero

Not sure if you saw my latest question @DolphinSSA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (530 Views)

★ Guide
Sorry for not replying sooner. I tried finding another key holder among my households by I got caught in the game dynamics and I forgot to test it. I'll give you an answer as soon as I test it.
Message 6 of 10 (521 Views)

Hero
You might wanna hold off till after patch tonight :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I just tested it, and the bug occurs with a keyholders who is not a parent living in a different household. When the keyholder sim visits the apartment when the sim living in that apartment is at work, the keyholder sim is not able to enter it.

I will test it again after today's patch.

Message 8 of 10 (503 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Parent Keyholder is unable to enter apartment

Champion
Have keys ever worked the way you describe? I don't think they do anything other than allow surprise pop-in keyholder visits to occur. They don't grant access to the apartments at any time desired.
Message 9 of 10 (495 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Parent Keyholder is unable to enter apartment

★ Guide

I'm not sure if it ever worked like I intended it to. This is just the way it makes sense to me, if you have the key to an apartment you should be able to enter it whenever you visit it. That's the logical assumption.

Message 10 of 10 (471 Views)