by crinrict

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] [PPSP] Hot Tub Woohoo Not Working at Nightclub Venues

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a hot tub in a nightclub and click on it in game mode - option to woohoo does not show up.
What happens when the bug occurs? No option to woohoo - not when you click on the hot tub, and not when you click on a target Sim amongst romantic interactions.
What do you expect to see? The option to woohoo in hot tubs at night club venues.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Yeah, so I have a bit of an embarrassing problem here. I recently found out that the option to woohoo doesn't seem to show up for hot tubs placed in nightclub venues. Took me a while to realize that this is limited to nightclubs and am still not 100% sure, but pretty sure. I spent half an hour going through my mods and cc and ultimately just pulled everything out, and the issue with hot tub woohoo not showing up at nightclubs remains. I deleted the localthumbcache file, repaired the game, and the issue remains. I have to admit that I can't say with 100% certainty that hot tub woohoo NEVER works at night club or that it does always work at other venues, but it seems to be the case as I've had this issue at least twice and in both cases, my Sim was at a nightclub. Repurchasing the hot tub, choosing the other hot tub from buy mode, or placing it in a different spot doesn't seem to help. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,069 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [PPSP] Hot Tub Woohoo Not Working at Nightclub Venues

Hero
Just tried this in my game and I have no issues for the option to show up.

Do you have your own night club ? Could you start a new save with no added mods/cc and test one of the premade lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,038 Views)

★ Guide

Yep, both nightclubs which I tested it on were added from the gallery. I have to admit that I did not test this in game to full extent - I spent more than half an hour removing all of my mods and cc bit by bit and testing it, so I didn't feel like doing anymore in-game testing after that lol. I will make sure to test if it also happens in premade lots and/or fresh saves! 

Message 3 of 7 (1,022 Views)

Hero
Giving this a nudge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (991 Views)

Hero
@Fierande Did you get the chance to test this on a vanilla game again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (883 Views)

★ Guide
Ai no, completely forgot! I did find out that it is not actually restricted to nightclubs... and that often, I can actually choose to woohoo in hot tub by clicking on the target Sim rather than the hot tub itself, so it's not as big of an issue as I initially thought after all. I will make sure to test it on a vanilla game though! Tomorrow. Disappointed Do have the issue with make out not working in hot tubs, which is 100% not caused by mods/cc and not restricted to my game. But I'll check this woohoo again in vanilla mode; since no one seems to be able to reproduce, I'm starting to suspect that this one might be restricted to my game after all.
Message 6 of 7 (876 Views)

Hero
Freezing in hot tubs while make out ? That should be a known issue although I can't really find the thread. Seems to mostly happen when they do it autonomously though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (868 Views)