Re: The same library outfits on female sim

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too.    MCCC people said it's a game bug and not related to CC or Mods

Message 11 of 36 (1,860 Views)

Hero

No matter what they said, I need this tested on a vanilla game.

I cannot duplicate this issue on my own game.

Please remove your mods/cc and try without.

If someone could PM the link to what they actually said, that would also be great. 

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 36 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I never had this, after the last update I have this, I deleted all bad mods and never had this problem, only after update :< MCC people said this is the EA error because of update.

Well and this problem is only on my women sim, my men and kids have all clothes Standard smile

Message 13 of 36 (1,807 Views)

Hero

Did you also remove all your cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 36 (1,792 Views)

★★★ Novice

Apparently this error occurs after a sim does an action where they are nude, such as skinny dip or shower.

Message 15 of 36 (1,757 Views)

Hero

Does anyone have a save without cc/mods they would be willing to share with me ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 36 (1,737 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hope this helps, but I too had this happen to me and it was driving me crazy. I play with a lot of mods and cc, so I started a new game with all of them removed (moved my Mods folder and allowed the game to create a new folder). All was well, so I continued to play without any mods, and started to go through all my custom content (clothes etc.).

It turned out that I had a couple of broken cc's (missing mesh) - if I placed these inside my Mods folder, even though I wasn't using the items at all, my sim would end up with duplicated outfits. As soon as I removed them, the different outfits would be retained across saves.

So my first thought would be to look for any broken custom clothing content and check that in CAS it doesn't show as invisible or broken. My thoughts are that if there's no custom content, then the EA meshes could be corrupted within the data files, and the game likely needs a repair. If you do have cc, check each one in something like Sims4Studio.

Sorry if this doesn't apply to some of you, but I thought I'd share just in case it's the same thing having an effect on your games.

Message 17 of 36 (1,689 Views)

Hero

I haven't seen a report without cc in here so thanks for that information.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 36 (1,680 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey, do you have any specific CC you remember taking out because I'm taking out some bad CC but the problem persists. Bad CC has never gave me a problem like this in the past so I'm wondering if it's specific files. 

Message 19 of 36 (1,638 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately I don't have specifics since they've now all been deleted; there were several.

However I do know that they were male and female clothing packages (tops, dresses, bottoms) for which I had no meshes, all downloaded from TSR. It's highly likely and very probable I didn't read the descriptions properly because I'm sure that if thecontent were recolours, the authors always gave the link to the mesh they were using.

Additionally, I also downloaded some custom kitchen counters and a dishwasher, again from TSR, which were also contributing to the problem.

I would say that prior to removal of the mods folder content, I ran the CC and object fixes using Sims4Studio (v3.1.0.5), where there were some that 'couldn't' be fixed, so there may well have been more that I wasn't aware of.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Message 20 of 36 (1,632 Views)