by BryonyRae

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] Objects UNDER the map, outside the normal playable area

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020 but it happened a long time ago
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not quite sure, as i don't really know when or how it happened, just that id did a long time ago and i would always ignore it I'm guessing some shenanigans in build mode, moving rooms or something like that?
What happens when the bug occurs? Furniture or items somehow end up UNDER the map, way outside the normal playable area.
What do you expect to see? The items not ending up there!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

NOTE: this seems to only be visible when viewing any of the basement levels, but it may just be because of the sky color when topside making it hard to see the objects since they are so small and far away.

As mentioned in the description, it seems that certain furniture or items somehow ended up UNDER the map, way outside the normal playable area, to the literal edge of the map where even the ground model and cloud skybox stops (I'm guessing that's because they somehow got reset to the xyz 0-0-0 coordinates?)

The attached screenshots and video are from my main plot and family, on the former Rippling Flats lot in Newcrest, but i imagine this can happen on any lot. The camera is a bit hectic in the video because at that distance the sensitivity is insane and it's a challenge to even get close to the objects and not blast by them in an instant.
Edit: here's the link to the video as the direct upload doesn't seem to like it. (forget it, i hope screenshots are enough)
I have tried to testingcheats and shift+clicking them to set as head to bring them "back" but the cursor turns "🚫" and doesn't let me interact with the items in any way. I tried everything i could think of (other than bulldozing the lot which i do not intend to do) and no mods seem to  be able to help  either. Is there any way to edit a lot outside the game itself? or get some sort of item list  so i can find those and delete them?

Message 1 of 6 (736 Views)

Re: Furniture and items UNDER the map, way outside the normal playable area

★ Apprentice

Bump?

Message 2 of 6 (681 Views)

Hero

Hi

build issues can take longer to get answered as @BryonyRae is pretty busy generally with RL.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (664 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@VL4DST3R I am not seeing any objects like that from that lot in my game.  Note that in my game though, my Newcrest is pristine, as I am testing in a new save.  I'm wondering - is it possible that you're seeing objects placed on neighboring lots?  Do you have builds that you have created or downloaded placed on the other lots in Newcrest?  People do sometimes wind up placing odd objects in basement areas and forgetting that they're there.  If you do have builds on neighboring lots, I would check their basement areas. 

If not, are these objects ones that you recognize as possibly having placed on your lot at some point?  It might be possible, through corruption, that the game no longer places them in the correct spot.  I don't think there would be any way to fix that in that save.  One thing to try though is to save your build to your library, start a new save, and then place the build on the same lot in the new save.  Check whether you still see the objects in the new save.  If you don't, you might want to save your sim(s) as well and try playing in the new save if the graphical glitch in the original really bothers you.

Message 4 of 6 (639 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok, let me answer your questions and suggestions in order:

- Is it possible that you're seeing objects placed on neighboring lots?

Not really, the corner shown in the pictures is in the opposite direction from any other plots on that section of the map.

- Do you have builds that you have created or downloaded placed on the other lots in Newcrest?

At some point i surely did, but i bulldoze the lot whenever i move/start a new project on said lot, so i doubt there's anything related to that

- Are these objects ones that you recognize as possibly having placed on your lot at some point?

This is the most important question right here: yes, i do recognize them, as you saw in that picture there's the round pillow from the child stuff pack if I'm not mistaken and some medical utensils. Both are items that i did in fact (and still do) have on my lot, so the only thing i can think it may have happened is either they somehow duped themselves, or when moving/resizing some rooms they *somehow* glitched out and ended there, losing their correct position on the plot in the process and resetting to some global 0 0 0 coordinates.

- One thing to try though is to save your build to your library, start a new save, and then place the build on the same lot in the new save.

Already did and tested this, the items aren't there when the lot is "fresh" (like you said when testing) but after importing the build they are back, so that proves they are indeed part of this build, not from the neighboring ones.

- Try playing in the new save if the graphical glitch in the original really bothers you.

This would probably be the best solution in general (even if in this case it may not help as the lot itself has the issue) but as i mentioned above, i spent many hours in this save, and i would hate to loose all the progress my sims have made till now, not to mention relationships and such. What bothers me really (other than knowing it's there) is that i don't know how it happened, and thus don't know how to avoid it in the future, and with that, what guarantee do i have that that corner won't continue to accumulate random items as i will continue to tweak my house every now and then? That's my main issue really.

What i could really use would be a way to externally edit a lot and simply delete those items, but i looked for something like this but came out empty.

Message 5 of 6 (629 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Objects UNDER the map, outside the normal playable area

★ Apprentice
Bump again in the hope of more info about this, also updated one of the screenshots provided to better show the amount of junk stacked in that spot.
Message 6 of 6 (600 Views)