by xoChelleJoxo

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] No longer autonomously grab leftovers

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with low hunger and wait for them to auto get quick meal instead of left over.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims no longer will autonomously grab leftovers out of the fridge. They will grab a quick meal, everytime.
What do you expect to see? My sims no longer will autonomously grab leftovers out of the fridge. They will grab a quick meal. I can tell them to get leftovers, at which point they will, no problem. But they will not get leftovers on their own.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patched my game this week and it's been happening with the newest patch.

My sims will no longer autonomously grab leftovers. I can tell them to, and they will, but regardless of what leftover is in the fridge, they grab quick meals. 

I do have mods. I have removed mods, still happens. I repaired game. Still happens. I did a fresh folder and fresh save. Still happens. 

Message 1 of 13 (3,021 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] No longer autonomously grab leftovers

Hero

Hi @xoChelleJoxo

checked this on my game and have no issues with this.

Do they grab the food if you leave it out of the fridge ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (2,966 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, some will grab the food when it's on the counter, but they should grab leftovers from the fridge, not always quick meals. That's what they have always done until this last patch, now it's always quick meals. 

Message 3 of 13 (2,944 Views)

★★ Guide
Crin, try with the parenthood fridge. I swapped out my fridge (which I love the parenthood and use it - I guess - all the time). I switched to jungle adventure fridge and my sim auto grabbed leftovers!
Message 4 of 13 (2,938 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Tested this with the parenthood fridge (which is btw really nice) and had no problems.

Perhaps this was a temporary glitch after patching or after the Jasmine Holiday Boost?

Message 5 of 13 (2,917 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a very similar issue, recently I started a fresh save with no mods and the sims I'm playing at the moment will not get any leftover, they will always start to grill or cook something new to the point where I have 3 chocolate cakes, 2x individual garden salads and 2x 8 portions Franks and beans, this is insane...

Message 6 of 13 (2,885 Views)

Hero
@GengarUsedLick

Even when you leave it out or just from the fridge ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (2,880 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Was when I clicked on the automatic fill motives, they would constantly choose to cook something new, also the food was already in the refrigerator but I noticed that if I just sell the problematic fridge and buy a new one it seems to solve the issue...
Message 8 of 13 (2,873 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @GengarUsedLick

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 9 of 13 (2,804 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I would love too send my save file if I still had it. I had too many weird bugs so I deleted it fully and I reinstalled the sims. So far in my new save I don't seem to have this issue. I have other issues instead but that's another story hahaha!
Message 10 of 13 (2,798 Views)