by Mericatt

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] Literary Digest entries disappear

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is a writer working from home (now level 10) and any book she's submitted to the literary digest simply disappears after submission confirmation. She never gets any royalties nor is it listed in the royalties that come in each day. I've tried repairing the game. I've installed all updates. HELP!
What do you expect to see? I expected to see some evidence of literary digest receiving it and giving it royalties.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

text to remove forum bug

Message 1 of 11 (1,597 Views)

Re: Literary Digest entries disappear on PC - Sims 4

Hero

Hi @Mericatt

could you please fill out all the fields ?

It would be good to have all the text in the fields.

Someone your see below wasn't added to the post either. The comment box was empty.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,588 Views)

★★ Novice

Hiya, thanks for responding. The 'forum bug' part was the part that contained the content. Basically, the problem is that no submissions to literary digest are showing up again in terms of royalties. This has been ongoing for the duration of the sim being a writer and she is now level 10. I have the Get to work expansion. Many thanks.

Message 3 of 11 (1,571 Views)

Hero

OK, recovered that info

For next time, please just fill out the form and then write like one sentence in the box. Repeating the forum is confusing cause a glitch does the same

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,560 Views)

Hero

Hi @Mericatt

I tested this and can't duplicate in my game. Getting royalties fine but I only have the one book.

Does a new book also not give you royalties ? Is it just the literary digest ones ? Did you write the book before or after you removed your mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,526 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Crin, thanks for your response. All new books give royalties if I submit to publisher or self-publish, but no books submitted to literary digest are ever seen again (in terms of royalties). Books were written before and after CC content was removed (and it was only a couple of items of clothing). I've tried repairing the game to no avail. It just seems like one of those crazy sim things so far.

Message 6 of 11 (1,523 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (1,517 Views)

Hero

Nudge 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,511 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Mericatt for saves

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (1,482 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry Crin! RL took over and I didn't get back to you in time. My author has died so I will not be able to see if I can reproduce an error in the game file until I raise another. Your help is much appreciated 

Message 10 of 11 (1,475 Views)