by GengarUsedLick

Original Post

[TROUBLESHOOT] [JA] Uncovering impossible

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can go to the jungle, find some artifacts (the big ones with no shape yet) and try to uncover them. (Sorry I'm still learning English and don't know all the words yet)
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I try to uncover an artifact, the whole process is done (and it takes time too unless you speed up time) and my sim finishes her "uncovering" but the rock stays the same and my sim just go about her daily life.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim uncover the artifact and then proceed to identify it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after the last patch, my sim was perfectly able to uncover artifacts before that patch.

I removed all my CC and mods and I also already repaired the game. The video I included was right after the game was done repairing.

Message 1 of 7 (604 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [JA] Uncovering impossible

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you test this on a fresh save after removing mods and also deleted your localthumbcache.package file ?

I've tested this and it's working as intended for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (597 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes it was a fresh save right after I repaired it, I deleted localthumbcache, the cache, cache tr and onlinethumbnail cache. I'm gonna try again with the same sim and another one.

Message 3 of 7 (554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Have you tried to level up your archaeology skill? I had a very similar problem with extracting elements, but it went better on a higher level.

Message 4 of 7 (552 Views)

Hero
There as a similar report when JA first came out but I can't find the thread but I remember what I wasn't able to duplicate then either.

Trying with another Sim would help to see if it's Sim/trait/skill level related. Maybe you could cheat up the level for testing purposes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (544 Views)

Hero
Tagging @GengarUsedLick for further feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (502 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
OWWHH sorry I completely forgot about this! I started a new save with a different sim and I chose another path in life and haven't had the chance yet to go in the jungle. My bad... I'm gonna try when I play again Standard smile
Message 7 of 7 (493 Views)