Re: Sim cannot interact with Pet elements it doesn’t own.

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim cannot interact with Pet elements it doesn’t own

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the Base Game and Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever my Sim tries to introduce itself to a stray cat, dog, or chase or scare the birds, the task appears in the task queue but remains transparent. My Sim stands still and does nothing. If I add another task after this one the Sim won’t do it until I cancel the Pet interaction. However, the Sim has been able to Wake Up a stray, it once asked a dog What was Wrong, but then the bug occurred again and no interaction was possible. Sim can interact fully with any cats or dogs it owns or that it is in an Adoption Evaluation with.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim stands still and won’t create or execute any other tasks. It will not even walk over to the Pet. Nothing else freezes or glitches and the animal just walks away. No other tasks that I queue will execute until I clear the transparent queued interaction with the stray. No tasks are able to “skip” the Pet interaction.
What do you expect to see? I expect the task to turn opaque and slide down into the Active Task section and for my Sim to introduce itself to the animal. If there was an “in-Universe” reason my Sim could not introduce itself to the stray I would not expect the option to appear or to enter the task queue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can’t interact with certain Cats & Dogs Elements in Brindletown Bay (I have not tried this in other neighbourhoods/Worlds)

Message 1 of 14 (4,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

What do you mean by Cats/Dog element ? From the description it seems you mean the actual animal (just to be sure I understand you right).

Could you test a new game for testing purposes and also other neighborhoods as well ?

Also did it ever work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (4,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
So far I’ve not been able to do any social interactions with stray cats, stray dogs (or wandering cats or dogs) or birds (the flock of pigeons.)

Please explain what you mean about creating a new game for testing and i’ll be happy to do it.

I moved the household to Brindleton Bay because there were no strays appearing in Willow Creek despite the expansion pack being added so I thought that strays were only supposed to/able to appear in Brindleton Bay - is this not the case?

In addition: I now own a vet clinic and I can interact with the pets who arrive as patients - I just cannot interact with strays or wandering animals.

It has never worked.
Message 3 of 14 (4,017 Views)

Hero
I think they do appear if you add a lot trait, no matter the world.

There's also some in the Jungle Adventure world if you own that pack.

What I mean is, clicking on the new button on the main menu to create a different save game (this doesn't overwrite the old or anything, you can later go back to the old one). Then just see if it happens there too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (4,009 Views)

Hero

Hi @summersideup

I've tested this in my game after the latest patch and I have no issues.

Did you have any luck trying a new save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (3,967 Views)

Hero

Tagging @summersideup for further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (3,904 Views)

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (3,874 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same issue. I was trying to introduce my sim to a stray cat, but the task was staying in the transparent region. My sim would only perform the task if I switched to a different sim while the task was dropping down into the opaque region. 

Message 8 of 14 (3,346 Views)

Hero

Hi @Sparkles965 

are you also not using any mods/cc ?

Does it matter where you try this or is that specific to a certain lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (3,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is old but i have the EXACT same problem as this person. I tried created new saves, being on different lots, repairing my game, and restarting my computer but nothing seems to work. Its kind of a bummer that I can't interact with strays because that is a main part of the expansion.

Message 10 of 14 (3,172 Views)