by justbugreportin

Original Post

[TROUBLEHSOOT] [POSITIVITY CHALLANGE] Challenge to other sim do nothing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest, Father winter patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All until this date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Complete the challenge and earn kindness trait. 2. Challenge to other played household sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? They just 'talk' about it and nothing happens. Switch to other played household sim who 'asked' for it doesn't receive a challenge in "aspiration" UI.
What do you expect to see? When other sim asked for kindness challenge, they should unlock this challenge in the aspiration UI.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

title

Message 1 of 11 (638 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [POSITIVITY CHALLANGE] Challenge to other sim do nothing

Champion (Retired)

I am not sure what is expected from this interaction. I did not expect another Sim to have the challenge aspiration show up unless that Sim called the event coordinator. It would appear the interactions are as intended by design. In any case the Positivity Challenge is ending (or ended) and I would not expect anything to change.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 11 (581 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [POSITIVITY CHALLANGE] Challenge to other sim do nothing

Hero

@justbugreportin @EuphorialQueen

yeah, with the challenge ending I doubt we'll get any fixes but it would be nevertheless interesting to see what went wrong here for possible future events of this kind.

I did try with another Sim in the same household and had no troubles getting the aspiration but I don't know if I would get more rewards as my first package piled had bugged out and I never received the 4th picture or the trait. Now on the second package I got, the options are the same ones.

I didn't try further

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (560 Views)

Re: [TROUBLEHSOOT] [POSITIVITY CHALLANGE] Challenge to other sim do nothing

Champion
Is that what it is meant to do? I just assumed Challenge to Be Kind was some kind of influence action to make other sims perform a nice action at random, like making a mean sim go brighten day.

I don’t think I read anywhere what it actually does. I didn’t think it would unlock any aspiration in other sims. Even if it did, where would they get a box from and can they even call Millie Bobby Brown after the challenge is over? Because if I recall she was required in the final step in getting the kindness ambassador trait.
Message 4 of 11 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I thought @justbugreportin was trying to do the challenge with another Sim living in the same household and couldn't ? So that one gets the trait as well ? 

But I might have completely misunderstood that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

They seem to think that the "Challenge to Be Kind" interaction that sims who completed the Positivity Challenge and become Kindness Ambassadors is meant to be used on other sims to issue the challenge to them, like Millie Bobbie Brown does, so that you can continue making new Kindness Ambassadors and keep doing the positivity challenge even after the event ends.

I don't think that is how it works though? I haven't really tried it in game to see what it actually does. I was just focused on getting through as many sims as possible before the event ended I haven't actually played my kindness ambassadors yet.

Message 6 of 11 (521 Views)

Hero
I don't think so either. Guess I misunderstood.

@justbugreportin could you clarify ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (516 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

My idea is almost identical to @simvasions'.

"They seem to think that the "Challenge to Be Kind" interaction that sims who completed the Positivity Challenge and become Kindness Ambassadors is meant to be used on other sims to issue the challenge to them, like Millie Bobbie Brown does, so that you can continue making new Kindness Ambassadors and keep doing the positivity challenge even after the event ends."

What's the point of adding this pie_menu interaction without zero reaction?

Add it or just remove it.

Message 8 of 11 (506 Views)

EA Sims Team

@justbugreportin

So the design is that the "Challenge to Be Kind" interaction should increase the target Sim's desire to autonomously do friendly interactions for a period of time.

Are you seeing no effect at all?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 11 (477 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

https://forums.thesims.com/en_Us/discussion/951800/what-is-the-point-of-the-challenge-to-be-kind-opt...

and other forums.
Current result is hardly noticeable.

> he/she will clean up, pick up the trash

For example my sim always clean up/fix objects by his/herself, thanks to MCCC autonomy.

Any MCCC users never notice the difference, because their Sims are always nice.

Why not just improve it, or remove this pie_menu?

e.g.

SimA (Have this trait)
SimB (A's roommate, same household)
SimC (Other household, played/unplayed)

A-->B:
B will unlock the Aspiration and the game show "Aspiration unlocked for C" notification.

A-->C:
C will (tell funny story to A)|(talk about kindness with A).

Message 10 of 11 (457 Views)