by EA_Lanna

Original Post

TODDLERS Have SOOOO MANY BUGS

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with the sims
What happens when the bug occurs? When I reset sims, they fall on the ground with the age up noise. Used to only happen with toddlers, now with kids as well.
What do you expect to see? For them to not act as if they just aged up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

List of issues I'm seeing-

1 - People in the household don't automatically know the toddlers - even their own kid - and are having to friendly introduce themselves when they grow up to toddlers.

2 - The toddlers cannot eat. Usually I set a plate on the floor, and they grab a serving and sit down and eat. They are not eating, even after numerous resets, and every time I try to reset - it just does number 3 and does the age up and they fall on the floor as if they have just aged. 

3 - The age up interaction keeps happening after the toddler has already aged. It gives me the notification again. 

4 - IT'S ALSO DOING THE RESETTING BUG WITH KIDS NOW TOO. If I reset, it's like they just aged up to kids and they fall on the ground. 

Message 1 of 5 (421 Views)

Re: TODDLERS Have SOOOO MANY BUGS

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bump. Any suggestions 

Message 2 of 5 (371 Views)

Re: TODDLERS Have SOOOO MANY BUGS

Community Manager

Hi @LauraKl10

Thanks for making this report. In your opening post there's a mention of what sounds like a few different things happening. We may already have active dedicated bug report threads opened for many of these. You can double-check using the "Compiled list of reported issues", as well as using the search function at the top of the page.

If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing here, please go ahead and create a new bug report, one per each individual bug after testing if the issues persist after installing any mods/cc. It may seem bizarre, I know, however but this way we can track things easier and better provide relevant information regarding the specific bug.

I'll lock this thread in the meantime so as not to split up the information.

Thanks, 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 5 (355 Views)

Toddlers have so many bugs- please help and don’t lock

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with toddlers
What happens when the bug occurs? resetting kids and toddlers cause them to fall as if they just aged. They can’t eat
What do you expect to see? Not to have them re age every time I reset. I expect them to eat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

List of issues I'm seeing-

1 - People in the household don't automatically know the toddlers - even their own kid - and are having to friendly introduce themselves when they grow up to toddlers.

2 - The toddlers cannot eat. Usually I set a plate on the floor, and they grab a serving and sit down and eat. They are not eating, even after numerous resets, and every time I try to reset - it just does number 3 and does the age up and they fall on the floor as if they have just aged. 

3 - The age up interaction keeps happening after the toddler has already aged. It gives me the notification again. 

4 - IT'S ALSO DOING THE RESETTING BUG WITH KIDS NOW TOO. If I reset, it's like they just aged up to kids and they fall on the ground.

please don’t lock this thread unless you can direct me to the correct thread with solutions for each issue. If there are none. Please leave open

Message 4 of 5 (353 Views)

Re: Toddlers have so many bugs- please help and don’t lock

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @LauraKl10,

I've merged this thread in with your earlier thread. I'm afraid bug reports that are used to list multiple issues will be closed to prevent the inevitable confusion that unfolds when attempts to track, investigate and advise how to troubleshoot the specific issue are attempted.

It's important the bug report template is used as intended. Please, limit bug reports to one issue at a time. If you have multiple bugs to report, please open a new bug report thread per issue if you don't see an existing one created for it. We can always merge it with another if needed down the road.

However, If you need more immediate troubleshooting advise, you would be better connecting with our support team or posting on our technical issues board as bug reports are not a method for getting an solution. Testing takes time due to the nature of bugs, issues and fixes and they are conducted internally. The process is can be quite complex and how quickly an investigation can be completed and a fix pushed out will differ as a result. If you'd like to understand more about bug reporting and how this bug board works, please review this thread: [INFORMATION] How does this forum work ? as it will share more insights, be informative and ultimately aid you in how best to use this board with tempered expectations. 

@crinrict wrote:
  • The bug forum is for reporting bugs. Bugs by nature, don't have solutions other than waiting for EA/Maxis to fix it. Sometimes they are pretty straight forward and there's no reason for me to answer. See this for more details on how things are currently handled ast the change over time: Information/Questions about the bug forum  If you need troubleshooting help and expect an answer, it's better to post in the tech forums (Mac/PC/Console depending on your system)
  • I know it might be a bit tedious to have single thread for every small issue but it's much easier for the devs to track how common an issue is and get information. Collection threads tend to get confusing with many issues mixed up in the same thread. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish if something is a different issue or the same so you're thread might get accidentally merged or you will be asked to make a separate thread eve if it's not necessary.
  • QA usually does not give any ETA when something will get fixed. 
  • Issues aren't added to the list right away. The adding runs are usually done ever other week. I usually do a forum sweep before doing that and your thread might be moved to general info or tech during that sweep if you haven't come back to answer my questions.

This quote is just a snippet from a larger informative post. I'd recommend reviewing it in it's entirety for further learnings. 

Thanks, 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 5 of 5 (329 Views)