by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

[OPEN] [V] Can't throw birthday party for teen vampires

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.47.51.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC, except for "Get famous"
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn sims into vampires while they're teenagers (the "natural" way by having a vampire bite them). When they reach young adult, attempt to throw a birthday party for them on their birthday (after the game tells you to throw a party). The problem occurs both when entering the event planner through the calendar and a phone. Sidenote: These are four teen vampires all the same age.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the party/event planner window, when selecting Birthday party the "next" button is greyed out and when mousing over it the tooltip say "No one in the household is having their birthday today." As such it is impossible to throw a real birthday party for them.
What do you expect to see? The normal birthday party planner, obviously.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried planning the birthday parties in advance, using the calendar, but even when selecting the correct day, it still says there's no birthdays that day, despite the birthday being marked in the calendar.

The game shows on the calendar it's their birthday and tells me to throw a birthday party for them, but it will not let me throw a birthday party. I am able to have any other kind of party. I've never before played with vampires that actually had to age up, so can't say if it's a new bug. I've had to savescum a lot with these four girls because the game keeps getting them killed when they come home from school or fail to go to school - basically the teleporting to school keeps breaking and when they return it sometimes takes too long before it releases them to run inside, so they've died in the sun numerous times (these are both old bugs you've failed to fix).

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 53 (4,706 Views)

Re: [V] Can't throw birthday party for teen vampires

Hero

Hi @TheSteelRodent

sorry for the late answer .. but back log

I wanted to test this, realizing this could actually be an older issue (although I thought that was fixed) but did you try to throw the party during the day ? If so, can you try if it works during the night ?

I currently don't have a teen vampire to try this on.

Are teens the only ones you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 53 (4,628 Views)

Hero

@TheSteelRodent Did you have a chance to test this during the day ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 53 (4,587 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sorry for the delayed response, completely missed the notification that someone had replied.

I tried both during day and night because I figured the game assumes vampires aren't awake during the day (like it does with townie vamps), but in either case it still says no one has a birthday. I did however make cakes for them all and aged them up manually, but forgot to test if they eventually age up autonomously (and I no longer have a save where they're still teens, sorry).

I can only guess that the problem has something to do with them switching to "real" vampires that don't age, and the age check somehow assumes they've already aged up, but obviously I have no idea what the game is actually doing.

FWIW: These are sims I downloaded from the exchange long ago, before vampires existed, and slightly altered their appearance, and then later had bitten sometime after the vampire DLC. They contain no custom content.

Message 4 of 53 (4,574 Views)

Hero

I've added this as needs input.

As some of you might have figured out by now, I'm not a huge fan of Vampires and don't play them so testing this is something I have to force myself to do .. which I'm no longer going to do.

There's a whole community out there that loves Vampires and play every (broken) aspect of them.

Please folks, do you get this too ? Please post as much info as you have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 53 (4,549 Views)

★★ Guide
Were all of the teens living alone?
Message 6 of 53 (4,536 Views)

Unable to plan social event "Birthday Party" for sims who's birthday is today.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1029
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a social event, birthday party, plan a birthday party for a sim who's birthday is that day.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a prompt saying "No one in the household is having their birthday today." even though a sim's birthday is today.
What do you expect to see? Moving on to invite a sim to activity.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have two sim's who's birthday is today, but I'm unable to plan a social event for the birthday because I get a prompt saying "No one in the household is having their birthday today" even though their birthday is today.

Message 7 of 53 (4,589 Views)

Re: Unable to plan social event "Birthday Party" for sims who's birthd

Hero
@StephenChad83 Are those Sims occults in any way ? Pregnant Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 53 (4,574 Views)

★★ Novice

Not pregnant, and what do you mean by "occults"?

Message 9 of 53 (4,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@StephenChad83 Aliens, Vampires, ..  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 53 (4,541 Views)