Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Sim swims under ground

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a pool below lot level and have a sim swim in it
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim swims beyond the pool border and even beyond the plot border. Under ground
What do you expect to see? Sim stays where he should. In tte pool.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last patch with terrain tool

17.11.2018_19-01-25

Message 1 of 23 (5,678 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sim swims under ground

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello @Metior_Ice  and @sushicrow ,

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 18 of 23 (1,800 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUTS/A] Sim swims under ground

[ Edited ]
Hero

One of these issues that seem to come and go.

Adding as needs Input to see if there's some kind of pattern.

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (5,589 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUTS] Sim swims under ground

★ Apprentice

I see the same thing happen every so often in my replica of S3LL's Natatorium, where the pool is on the third floor- so maybe it's pools built away from ground level in general?

06-27-19_2-14-19 PM.png

Message 3 of 23 (5,476 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUTS] Sim swims under ground

★ Guide

I have this issue too, on the extra large lot in Brindleton... except my pool is on unedited terrain at normal ground level.

Message 4 of 23 (5,424 Views)

Swimming in floors and ground

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, tiny living, moschino, laundry day, fitness stuff, vintage glamour, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pool on your lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim remains swimming when leaving confines of the pool and swims in terrain and on floors.
What do you expect to see? Sims swimming in water and nowhere else.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the big patch June 3.

Has happened at my sim’s owned store and my flatmate who has a PC and some different packs just told me she had the same issue. Instead of getting out of the pool her sim just swum to the location she was being told to go. At my store I’ve found sims treading water inside a staircase and lots of splashing texture on the ground. Will take a photo and update this when it happens again. [EDITED TO ADD: Managed to get a screenshot of the splashing way above the pool but haven't had swimming in terrain or flooring again yet to screenshot]

Message 5 of 23 (5,203 Views)

Re: Swimming in floors and ground

Hero
@iamqueenkk I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (5,177 Views)

Sandworm Sims?

★★ Apprentice

I was really confused to see a lady swimming along the beach in Sulani but I figured it was a glitch because she was in really shallow water. Then I found her just swimming down a path. no idea what is causing it.11-12-20_9-43-46 PM.png

Message 7 of 23 (5,045 Views)

Re: Sandworm Sims?

★★ Apprentice

Since installing Island Living I now have this problem too. I noticed it on a residential lot in Newcrest. The swimming is more skilled with the expansion compared to the base game, but it is certainly very rough and almost painful to watch. Turns are sharp and they swim very fast, in addition to them swimming outside the pool. 

Message 8 of 23 (4,924 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim swims under ground

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your saves: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 23 (4,826 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sim swims under ground

Hero (Retired)
@SimGuruNick

This happens very rarely, Sometimes in one save only once every several dozen hours of play. This is a rather funny bug and it is a pity to waste your time on it. More annoying for players - including me - there are sims whims that, when met do not add satisfaction points, although that is not a big problem either.
For a player who had been played TS3 for years, this game is almost perfect. I will never forget the messages I got "The sims3 stopped working. Windows is looking for the cause of the error" and finally the Windows solution 'The sims3 stopped working ": D
Message 10 of 23 (4,804 Views)