Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Random Ghost households

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I open one of my saves, a house in Willow Creek seems to be occupied by Bernard and Mimsy from the Von Haunt Estate, as I have allowed townies to move into empty lots. I noticed they moved in after one of my sims used a "Polite Introduction" on Bernard at the Von Haunt Estate during a Knights of the Hedge club meeting.
What happens when the bug occurs? Bernard and Mimsy are ghosts who moved into a lot which should not happen. Their "household" in my game is titled "Higgens" but neither Mimsy or Bernard are shown to have last names in-game officially.
What do you expect to see? Bernard and Mimsy should not be able to move into residential lots because they "live" at the Von Haunt Estate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My game is up-to-date with the most recent February patch. Is it possible that the "Manage Households/family tree ghosts" update caused this to occur?

View from "Manage Worlds" the bottom left-hand corner will show their household information/personality traits just like any other household when you click on the house in the picture. They still don't have a last name though. Don't know why that says Higgins.

wut.jpg

I thought this was really weird, so I went to the Von Haunt Estate to see if Bernard and Mimsy were still there, and they were! However, there still seems to be the "Higgins" Bernard an Mimsy in Willow Creek. 

bernard.jpegbernard.jpeg

Message 1 of 11 (2,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Random Ghost households

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey, just thought I'd post an update (It's been awhile)

I evicted Bernard and Mimsy out of that house at least 1 month ago. Their household completely vanished (not in household management) and have caused me no issues since (knock on wood!). Bernard and Mimsy are showing up where they're supposed to be instead. Standard smile I haven't been to the Von Haunt Estate for awhile, but I think Mimsy showed up for ghost night at the bar once. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (2,053 Views)

All Replies

Re: Bernard and Mimsy Moved into Willow Creek

Hero
Does the household show in manage household ?

Sounds a bit like this old issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Single-ghost-in-the-houses-but-not-in-the-manage/m-p/415...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,215 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Lyoufln

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 11 (2,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict yeah, I've had that ghost problem too sometimes. Maybe this is connected?

@SimGuruIcarus Yup! Here's the link to the files with all my saves in it. I'm not the greatest with computers, and I'm not 100% sure which is the save that has this problem. I believe it's the one that's titled "My Save File 5" and the last played family is Culver.

Link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhScIIRqUJrlgUtgICw6E2wrzu4c

Thank you! ^_^ 

Message 4 of 11 (2,202 Views)

Hero
Giving this a nudge above bookmark.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (2,124 Views)

Hero
I've added this for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,079 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi there. The ghosts haven't been much trouble in my save file. I just leave them alone. One thing I've noticed though is this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 9.42.33 PM.png 

I guess this means that these are indeed the Bernard and Mimsy at Von Haunt Estate. Because of this, I think it's closely linked to the ghosts with no names in households. Bernard and Mimsy aren't show to have names here either (like when you click on their picture above). 

Message 7 of 11 (2,072 Views)

Hero
Thanks for that extra info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (2,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey, just thought I'd post an update (It's been awhile)

I evicted Bernard and Mimsy out of that house at least 1 month ago. Their household completely vanished (not in household management) and have caused me no issues since (knock on wood!). Bernard and Mimsy are showing up where they're supposed to be instead. Standard smile I haven't been to the Von Haunt Estate for awhile, but I think Mimsy showed up for ghost night at the bar once. 

Message 9 of 11 (2,054 Views)

Hero
HI @Lyoufln

so if I understand you correctly, this is solved for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,934 Views)