Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PH] Unwind With Classical Interaction Disappeared

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness, Bowling Night, Backyard, Kids Room, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a child or teen use the stereo to listen to music, looking for the option to Unwind with Classical.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since the latest update, the option to have a teen or child work on emotional control by Unwinding with Classical music doesn't appear. It doesn't seem to matter what stereo I use or where the Sim is or their mood, the option just isn't there.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the teen or child Sim listening to classical music while their emotional control improves.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed this bug after the   December patch for the Sims 4 PC, but I'm not entirely sure the issue started after.  I can't remember it happening with the family I played that day. I did notice it Thursday with a different family.  

Message 1 of 14 (4,888 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Unwind With Classical Interaction Disappeared

★ Pro

@crinrict  , this issue is fixed in my game.  Perhaps a few others could weigh in as to what is being seen in their games.  This might be a thread you can close as fixed.

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (4,026 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [PH] Unwind With Classical Interaction Disappeared

Champion (Retired)
@crinrict I would like to add that the option to "Listen to Music" is also missing. There was an option when selecting any stereo to "Listen to Music" without choosing a specific genre. Tested on both the wall and floor stereos.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 14 (4,755 Views)

Hero

Was this an option that was always available for teens or only under certain circumstances ?

Going to add cause of num of reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (4,714 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@crinrict
The option to wind down with classical became available with Parenthood.
I do not recall a specific scenario that triggered it.
"Listen to music" as a generic choice was available until the CD patch. That option was available for all Child thru Elder Sims.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 14 (4,680 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue too.  Child & teen sims can no long "Wind Down with Classical" for their Emotional Control value, but Adult sims have the option.

Tried on multiple stereos, with different sims. Doesn't appear on instruments either.

Message 5 of 14 (4,375 Views)

★★ Guide

The same here but with the patchversion 1.41.42.1020 even my adults don't have this option anymore.

Message 6 of 14 (4,296 Views)

★★★ Novice
Im having the same issue
Message 7 of 14 (4,291 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @jangllle @SimTresa @Baylon7373 @dragancaor @EuphorialQueen

So I've been told that by design, the "Wind Down with Classical" interaction is only intended for Sims who have earned the Emotional Control trait by aging up to Young Adult with high emotional control life skill.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 14 (4,274 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @SimQARobo, I don't see how it's supposed to be an 'earned interaction by design' after aging to adult when the game itself tells you it's an interaction for being able to achieve the emotional control trait in the first place.  When you hover the cursor over "Emotional Control" in the toddler/child/teen Simology menu tab, the help text reads, "They can do several winding down interactions on radios and instruments, or jog to clear their mind."  (please see attached screenshot showing simology panel with mouse-over text)

When I posted in here originally, my founder (CAS made Sim who never had the option to earn traits as she began the game at young adult lifestage) can Wind Down with Classical but none of the kids or teens can when they used to be able to - & when they were previously able to they would gain Emotional Control & stand a chance of being able to earn the trait.  My toddler - teen Sims sill can't, though I note that since the patch this week my founder no longer can either.

An adult Sim who has earned the Emotional Control trait can use the wind down action to lessen the time spent with negative moodlets.  This is a different interaction to what the bug report is covering.  The bug we're all reporting is that our Sims' kids aren't able to earn emotional control points because the interactions they are supposed to have in order to earn them are missing.

My game has zero mods or hacks, & no custom content at all.

Message 9 of 14 (4,261 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @SimQARobo,

I have to confirm what @dragancaor said, because it worked before and there is also another description in the game (it is German, but the text has the same meaning):

emotional_control.png

Message 10 of 14 (4,250 Views)