by SproutLee

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [GTW] New Mother Changes out of gown to cuddle baby then back

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim give birth
What happens when the bug occurs? The new mother will change into the gown, then out of it to go cuddle baby, then into it again
What do you expect to see? no change in gown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Example 

Message 1 of 6 (1,205 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [GTW] New Mother Changes Hospital Gown Constantly

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this issue with the hospital gown, although it's not exactly the same.

The new mother will change back into everyday outfit once she's given birth (which i find unfortunate 'cause i like to take a first baby pic with the new mom wearing the gown so it looks like she's at the hospital) and hug the baby or do some type of interaction before the screen loads to the household lot. She therefore returns wearing her everyday clothes, but will change back to her hospital gown randomly for a few days, everytime he has to change outfits. Sometimes getting out of bed, or out of the shower, or coming back inside after being in the cold... So it seems like for a few days her hospital gown becomes her "go to" outfit lol. 

It doesn't happen everytime a sim has a baby, that the interesting part, it's like a randomized glitch. And what I've noticed is that last time she changed into her hospital gown and I changed her right back to her actual everyday clothes and she didn't change again since...

Would be great if that gets fixed Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (1,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Cinthilaa

your issue sounds more like a mixture of the issue here and this issue this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Cured-Patients-Leave-Hospital-Wearing-Patient-Gown/m-...

Can you confirm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,088 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @crinrict ! Sorry i'm only seeing your answer now ... I guess it is a mixture of both, although I don't know what would happen with the doctor career, I can actually try that with my soon to be young adult sim, wouldn't be surprising that I have that issue as well! 

The thing is, my sim does change to her everyday clothes after giving birth, and when she gets home she's usually wearing normal clothes. But if I send her to bed, or to take a shower (or anything that involves changing clothes really), when she's done (sleeping/showering/whatever it is), she'll change to her hospital gown... So for instance, she wakes up and has to go out, instead of autonomously changing into her everyday clothes, she'll wear the gown. Other example, she takes a shower and changes into her hospital gown as well. 

But like I said previously, it doesn't happen everytime, which makes it quite difficult to figure out what the problem is! Out of my sim's three pregnancies (5 babies, didn't plan for that...), I noticed the glitch for the first and last ones, and for the last birth, I changed her into everyday clothes when she put her hospital gown on after showering, and she didn't do it again. But I know that on other occasions, changing her would not "cancel" the gown as an outfit, if I can put it that way, and it would happen several time. Once she showed up at a restaurant (with a formal dress code lot trait) wearing the hospital gown...

Message 4 of 6 (1,082 Views)

Re: [GTW] New Mother Changes Hospital Gown Constantly

Hero

I only just posted :D

Does sound like the gown is overwriting some outfit code. 

I think it would be best if you could also add your voice to the other thread, showing that it's still happening.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,078 Views)

Re: [GTW] New Mother Changes Hospital Gown Constantly

Hero
Added this as Needs Input to get more voices.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,042 Views)