Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sims wake up/ stand on reloading game/lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put your family of sims to sleep. Pick a sim to take to another lot while the rest of the family stays in bed. Once you're at the different lot with your sim you'll notice that everyone you had put to bed are now awake because their avatars aren't dark blue. When you bring your sim back home you'll notice everyone else is up and their energy is low (or at least hasn't increased).
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims i had put to bed before leaving the residential lot wake up and don't sleep through the night while my other sim is at another lot.
What do you expect to see? When i take my sim to a different lot i'd expect the family to stay in bed the whole night or at least until their energy is full
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a teen sim that i occasionally like to "sneak out" past curfew to go to a club. However when i put all the rest of my family sims to bed, once i leave, they all wake up. I'd really like to have the family stay in bed all night, as they do when i don't leave. It's frustrating because when i get back to the residential lot the family's needs are all messed up and their energy is low because they didn't sleep all night when i was out. It's also not very "immersive" when i get home at 3 am and the whole family is up doing random things. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Please use this thread if you still have issues with this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-Waking-after-Game-Reload/m-p/11683809

Message 1 of 43 (6,239 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddlers do not stay in crib/bed after logging out/back in

Hero

Going to archive this thread cause there's a new one now and seems to have become more common again

Please use this thread if you have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-Waking-after-Game-Reload/m-p/11683809

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 43 of 43 (2,046 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Family sims wake up when i leave the residential lot

Hero
I've tested this on my game and while they didn't show as sleeping, the one Sim that was really tired, gained energy and was still sleeping when I came home.

The other two weren't really that tired so they were up when I came back as you described.

Do you seem them always all being awake, no matter how tired they are ?

This might also tie into this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Care-for-Self-for-Sims-at-different-lot-not-properl...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 43 (6,075 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. Yes, if one of my sims are incredibly tired they will be in bed. However the problem here is that, if one of my sims had 60% energy by the time i leave they probably won't choose to sleep until they absolutely have to, say by 6 am. Then they will be sleeping when they should be going to work. I guess it just throws everything off schedule. because despite if my sim is tired or not i have them go to bed so they can have full energy by next morning. Hope this is making sense! I guess my point is, whether they have super low energy or not, i'd like them to stay in bed at least until their energy is full. I don't know if it's a glitch or just an aspect of the game i find annoying haha

Message 3 of 43 (6,039 Views)

Hero
I'm leaning towards this not being a bug then.

Might move this to general info as feedback but trying to get further info.

Marking as needs input for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 43 (6,027 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

okay, thank you so much! 

Message 5 of 43 (6,003 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Family sims wake up when i leave the residential lot

★★★★ Guide

I have the same problem as you.

When I leave the house and others Sims stays in there, they Wake up even if are too tired. 

Message 6 of 43 (5,967 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @SaveZeIda

We have not been able to reproduce this at our side. 

Would you be willing to send us your save files? If so, here you have the instructions: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, it would be very helpful for us if you can take a video, or before and after screenshots, so we can know exacly what you are experiencing. 

Thank you very much!

And happy simming! 

Message 7 of 43 (5,919 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

unfortunately my computer had a faulty ram and my game crashed and my save files got corrupted. Now that my pc is fixed i fully restored my computer and freshly installed the sims 4. I tested this problem out again with a random family. When i left everyone was asleep. This time around when i was out, everyone stayed asleep. However when i came back the whole family was up watching tv and their energy not full. So they woke up for no reason. I've never recorded my game play before so i'm not sure how. i just used the in game recorder and attached those files so hopefully that works. There are two captures. The first is showing the family in bed and the teen about to leave. The second video shows whats happening immediately when the teen comes back home. If these videos don't work, i can try again if you have another way. Thank you! 

edit: can't seem to be able to post with the files attached? what should i do? 

Message 8 of 43 (5,907 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @SaveZeIda

You can upload them to OneDrive or Google Drive.

Please follow this instructions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you!

Message 9 of 43 (5,893 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

here are the videos showing the family in bed before leaving. Then, when she comes home not more than an hour (sim time) later. I started the video immediately when she arrived back home and the whole family was watching tv and their energy was only half full. hope these video's are okay, if not i can try again. 

before:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v6B5m-7t3Z-Lk0vQ31MQFGAauY3Pdfbb/view?usp=sharing

after:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-46Fw5CKrLndikW45r3B03Zbf3flCtQ/view?usp=sharing

Message 10 of 43 (5,856 Views)