Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Caterers don't Cook Wedding/Birthday Cake

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Plan a Wedding party in the phone; 2. Hire a caterer when you are planning this event; 3. Go to the event and wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? The caterer cooks so much plates (most of them are the same) and they don't cook the Wedding Cake properly, sometimes when they cook, they do this at the end of the party. I need do put my own Sim to make the cake, because the caterer doesn't work properly.
What do you expect to see? Caterer cooking the Wedding Cake at the right time, not at the end of the event.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Captura de Tela (153).png

Message 1 of 25 (23,549 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Birthday Parties et al

[ Edited ]
Hero

Caterer Sims will now be able to make a Cake and complete their Party event goals.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

EDIT: Please use this thread if you still have issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Caterers-Mixologists-don-t-work-at-event/td-p/9350...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (22,521 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Caterers don't Cook Wedding Cake

Champion
Jesminder is a vegetarian, so maybe that's why she made a lot of par fait and pasta primavera? She should be able to make cakes though.

I've always had my own sims bring their own cake, so I don't know much about what caterers should be doing.
Message 2 of 25 (23,431 Views)

Birthday Parties et al

★ Novice

So... Playing Sims 4, having a good time.  I was playing with a toddler (I don't normally play families with children so hey why not right!?), wanted to have a birthday party for him, had everthing in order with the exception of: no birthday cake!  Time ran out?  I hired a caterer, but he just made Monte Cristo Sandwiches..Grr.  So any tips?  Was something not done?  Is there an order to the tasks?  Surely not, my wedding went off without a hitch, no pun intended.  Anyone that has any thoughts on it, let me know.  Thank y'all!   

(alas no screenshot since I do not play the Sims on my laptop, mea culpa)

Message 3 of 25 (23,403 Views)

Hero

Hi @r3m3mb3r3ainfo

merged your post with a similar report.

Haven't had a chance to test yet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (23,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Maybe its a problem with weddings at Myshuno Meadows? I just had a wedding there, and the caterer made so many different dishes of food, but she never made a wedding cake. My sim had to make it herself. A couple weeks ago though, I had a wedding at a different place, and the caterer made a lot of wedding cakes. 

Message 5 of 25 (23,384 Views)

EA Staff

Hi!

Is anyone experiencing this issue in other lot apart from Myshuno Meadow?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 25 (23,360 Views)

Hero

@r3m3mb3r3ainfo

which lot do you have your party on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (23,358 Views)

Hero

Tagging @leozabotto and @r3m3mb3r3ainfo for some feedback on the lot this is happening on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 25 (23,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This one is hit or miss in my game. I noticed sometimes the caterer I hire bakes a wedding cake first, then starts making others foods or they don't make the wedding cake at all and just keep spamming foods (If that makes sense lol)

ETA: This was hit or miss at any venue I've held a wedding in previous saves (I have since started a new save so I will let you know if this is still a problem in my game when it comes time for me to have a wedding again). So it was not only specific to San Myshuno. 

Message 9 of 25 (23,288 Views)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus @crinrict I was in San Myshuno Meadows, but as @MsPigglyPooh says, I think this is not San Myshuno related. I will try to do another Wedding Party in a new save to test it.

Message 10 of 25 (23,259 Views)