by RangermanLV

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Potty Mouth 2.0 interrupts bath

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a high end bath tub in a room with a Potty Mouth 2.0 toilet nearby.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim who is told to take a bath with soaks, will start the bath, then almost immidiately inturrupt the action to get out of the tub and go look at the Potty Mouth 2.0 for a second. After several more seconds this action vanishes and the sim just stands there till an autonomy action que's up.
What do you expect to see? The sim start and finish the bath correctly getting the emotional buff for doing the bath with soaks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I always tell my sims to bathe with a soak for the emotional bonus you get from them. However every time now that I have them take this bath, it is interrupted by the Potty Mouth 2.0 toilet. They get a motive to go look at the toilet, this breaks their bath and they get out of the tub, go stand and look at the Potty Mouth 2.0, then just stand there idle until another autonomy action que's up. 

This seems to only happen with the Potty Mouth 2.0 toilet. Regular game toilets do not cause this, even if bought new and placed in the room just before the sim gets into the bath to try and trigger the "new stuff" action. I have not tested yet with the cheaper Potty Mouth toilet though. 

I have quite a bit of CC but very little of it is changes to game processes, mostly it's custom clothing and with or without it and on a clean load and save this still happens. 

Any ideas what to try next to narrow this down? It's not a critical bug as it's very easy to put a different normal toilet in place of the Potty Mouth, but I do like them and they are amusing to have in the game. 

Thank You

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 8 (2,438 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims stop reading books to watch TV

★★ Apprentice

Crinrict I am having something that sounds very similar to this, but so far i've only noticed it happening to me when I tell my sims to take a bath, not sure if it's all kinds of baths as I almost always tell my sims to take a "Bath with Soaks". 

They will get into the tub <or shower> and start the interaction, but within 10 seconds they are interrupted by the Potty Mouth 2.0 toilet with an interaction dropping into their que that says something like "One of These.....". If I tell them to take the bath again after this it goes normally. 

I have done all the troubleshooting steps I can find as far as clearing .cache files and repairing game files and taking out all CC and it still happens. It also happens in two different bathrooms in my house. 

I am wondering if you think this might be related or this may be a separate issue. I do know this started happening recently after the Seasons patch but I do not have Seasons itself. I've had City Living for awhile now and I don't remember this ever happening with the Potty Mouth before. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,314 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Potty Mouth 2.0 inturrupts bath

Hero

This is an older issue but for me it doesn't seem to happen anymore. The problem is basically that they are 'embarrassed' by the toilet. Like, they get out if another Sim comes in.

What do you mean by: They get a motive to go look at the toilet ? Does something queue up for you or do they just get a crossed-out toilet bubble over their head ?

It would be good to test with no cc at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (2,381 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Potty Mouth 2.0 inturrupts bath

★★ Novice

Yea I will run a fresh game with no CC and get a screenshot of the emote or whim they get and post it. 

Thanks. 

Message 4 of 8 (2,333 Views)

Re: Potty Mouth 2.0 inturrupts bath

Hero

@RangermanLV tagging this as needs input for now to see if others see this in their game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (2,296 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea my apologies taking so long to respond to this. I decided to wait till after the July update to see if anything changed. But no. I am attaching a screenshot of the moment my sim gets the interaction in their que and hovering over it so you can see what it says. I have 5 females in my current household, at various stages of life and death etc. One is an alien, another a ghost, and the Potty Mouth 2.0 does this to all of them when I tell them to take a bath with soaks, no matter how many times they may have talked and interacted with the Potty Mouth before. Again also this isn't a severe problem, as telling them to take a bath again they have no problem completing it. From what I can tell it seems to be related to the interaction sims get when they encounter a new item in the household, except in the Potty Mouth 2.0 case, they seem to forget from day to day that it's not a new item anymore. 

Apologies for the screenshot resolution, I had it on best quality but not largest size so I guess that made it look a little blurry. 

Thank You

Eric

Message 6 of 8 (2,284 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (2,273 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

sorry for necroing an old post but i think i figured out a solution, i put the potty mouth behind a half wall in my sims bathroom and breaking the line of sight seems to have done the trick

Message 8 of 8 (758 Views)