Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Additional floor tiles outside apartment after modifying

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just make any modifications in an apartment of The Sims 4 City Living. Moving a single place object is enough. Then return to the map of the game and click on the building where the apartment where you made the modification is located. You will be able to notice a flaw in the representative image of the apartments. Some additional tiles will appear "outside". Apparently this happens in all apartments of The Sims 4 City Living. If we save the game, those tiles will stay in the game. I have avoided modifying the apartments because of this.
What happens when the bug occurs? Just make any modifications in an apartment of The Sims 4 City Living. Moving a single place object is enough. Then return to the map of the game and click on the building where the apartment where you made the modification is located. You will be able to notice a flaw in the representative image of the apartments. Some additional tiles will appear "outside". Apparently this happens in all apartments of The Sims 4 City Living. If we save the game, those tiles will stay in the game. I have avoided modifying the apartments because of this.
What do you expect to see? The correct thing would be that those tiles did not appear outside.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I know it started to happen after an update. This bug has already happened in the game for a few months.

I did some images to show the additional tiles that appear outside the representative UI of the apartments when we make any kind of modification in them.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER:

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

This publication aims to report two different problems.

I need to report that the problem has gotten worse now, and after the November update, these aditional tiles can now be seen in the map view, usually after we make some modification in the original lot or we replace it with a completely new building.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 15 (2,923 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Additional floor tiles outside apartment after modifying

Hero
Is anyone still seeing this ?

Going to mark this as fixed for now as I think it is but if anyone still has it, please speak up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (2,245 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Additional floor tiles outside apartment after modifying

Hero (Retired)

@SimsTime I was able to reproduce this glitch in my game.  Will add to our list.

Message 2 of 15 (2,828 Views)

★★★ Guide

I can see this too.Captura de Tela (144).png

Message 3 of 15 (2,771 Views)

★ Guide

I need to report that the problem has gotten worse now, and after the November update, these aditional tiles can now be seen in the map view, usually after we make some modification in the original lot or we replace it with a completely new building.

Message 4 of 15 (2,681 Views)

City Living Apartment Glitch

★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, All Game Packs, All Stuff Packs EXCEPT Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By editing an apartment in build mode in San Myshuno, then going to the Map and clicking on the thumbnail of the apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? The thumbnail of the apartment shows its layout to be extended with strange bumps that is out of the building boundaries.
What do you expect to see? I address you to the urgency of the situation I have experienced. There is a nefarious glitch in the game, making my satisfaction... minimal. The layout should not be extended over the apartment borders when altered.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The Sims 4 City Living bug, ruining apartment thumbnails which minimizes my satisfaction.

Message 5 of 15 (2,648 Views)

Re: City Living Apartment Glitch

Hero

@BerkanCetinbag

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,632 Views)

Re: City Living Apartment Glitch

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is indeed happening and very easy to reproduce. I was banging my head wondering what that was and looking for it inside the lot to no avail.

Message 7 of 15 (2,607 Views)

Floor tiles outside apartments

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place any room from the gallery in a flat in San Myshuno.
What happens when the bug occurs? Floor tiles appear outside the apartment, screenshot attached.
What do you expect to see? I want to get rid of this floor tiles
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have this floor pieces in my game beyond almost every apartment in San Myshuno. Looks like every piece of floor is attached to a certain flat, but I can't see them in a build mode. This floor scraps are very irritating, pls let me know if you have the same issue or if you know how to fix it. Thanksfloor scraps.jpg

Message 8 of 15 (2,515 Views)

Re: Floor tiles outside apartments

Hero

Hi @nataporolo 

thanks for your report.

This is a known issue and I have merged your post with exiting thread.

Please click the me too button on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (2,516 Views)

Re: Floor tiles outside apartments

★★★★★ Guide

Forgot about this glitch (which, as far as I know, is more of a visual anomaly than anything else) until now.

Wasn't this related to that one fatal bug with disappearing apartment furniture (which has mercifully long since been fixed)? Or was that a coincidence, actually? Wondering

Message 10 of 15 (2,506 Views)