Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Visiting Sim stuck inside after editing household /build

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? send a Sim to visit any household. while they are there, go to manage worlds, select the visited household and choose build mode icon to make changes. for instance, i added a second armchair. go back to manage worlds to play the visiting Sim again.
What happens when the bug occurs? the visiting Sim will still be inside the house, but all walls will be up and all Sims will be seen as from the outside. on that zoom level, the only option is to "knock on door", which leads to going out of the house and being invited back in. same happens if you click on the ground outside the house. can go out but then needs to knock on door again. zooming in will show the house "plan" and clicking the floor will show "go here", "chat here" and "knock on door". all Sims will be unseen. conversation will/might go on, but being unable to interact with the visited Sim.
What do you expect to see? the game resuming from where it was left off, as when loading any household and using build mode. visited and visiting Sims should all show and be able to interact with each other.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

stuc

Message 1 of 8 (2,062 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Visiting Sim stuck inside after editing household /build

Hero

The Walls Down and Cutaway View options function as expected if an additional active Sim is added to your household when visiting an NPC home

Fixed in Patch 1.46.18

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,821 Views)

All Replies

Re: visiting Sim stuck inside after editing household in manage worlds/build

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert
my additional text would not show up above. so i'm on win10, 64-bit, v. 1703. no cc. happens in new/test save. without, with, and with mods removed. apologies if this has been discussed, i didn't know how to search for it. i don't remember what else i wrote. my browser does not seem to like this forum tonight, i am having trouble posting and editing. sorry to be so long-winded, i don't know how else to explain it.
Message 2 of 8 (2,048 Views)

Hero

Hi @unseenlarks

I can duplicate your issue but tbh, it can easily be resolved by doing what you said (knock on door again) or do you have issues having a conversation with them after being invited in again ?

I had no troubles with that. After knocking all worked normally for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (2,030 Views)

★★ Expert

i'm sorry i never replied to this. it can be solved that way, it's just a bit weird and immersion-breaking. *shrug*

Message 4 of 8 (1,912 Views)

Hero

I've added this for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,891 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have a similar problem. On my Sim’s 4 on the Xbox 1 , my sim has no energy like everything is low. And it won’t move. I put “go here” to go inside the house and it won’t go inside. It just stands there. I click “take a shower” it won’t move. I put “go here right next to her, she won’t take a foot step. Please help I am new at this game and just bought. I really want to play it but I can’t because my sim is stuck
Message 6 of 8 (1,859 Views)

Hero
Hi @cvictoriarj

could you please open a new thread for console ? I like to keep them separate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,857 Views)

Hero

The Walls Down and Cutaway View options function as expected if an additional active Sim is added to your household when visiting an NPC home

Fixed in Patch 1.46.18

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,822 Views)