Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Visited Sims stay nude after second day in their house

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out GP, Backyard SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP, Movie Hangout SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? visit any household and stay for two Sim days.
What happens when the bug occurs? the visited Sim will wake up and get naked on the second day.
What do you expect to see? the Sim changing into his/her everyday clothes after waking up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

this is a thread with the new template--original is here.

so that's still an issue. the household owner will get out of bed in his/her nightclothes and immediately get naked*. the visiting Sim will get the "see what's happening" bubble added to the queue. other than that, the interactions between them are normal.

taking a shower results in changing into everyday clothes but, after sleeping, he/she gets naked again.

*strangely, he/she will awaken and change into everyday clothes on the third (fourth? i lost track of time) day, but the problem returns on the following day.

Message 6 of 12 (1,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Visited Sims stay nude after second day in their house

Hero

NPC Sims will no longer get a sudden need to get nude after waking up if they have traveled off-lot and returned while you are visiting them. This one was weird. I wish I could show you the bug video.

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,398 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Sims Awaken Nude after 2nd Day Cycle

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This problem has existed since the release of base game (prior to any expansions, stuff packs, or patches) however I haven't seen any mention of it therefore I'm positing what I've gathered. While visitors are present on your home lot or the owners of a neighboring lot are present while you're visiting (effectively making them visitors while your family is active on their lot), after the second day cycle [day initialization at 7:00am] the visiting sims will all get out of their beds naked and interact normally. If the household is full then the members who are inclined to wander the neighborhood will leave the lot and idle naked within the zone. these sims will change back into their clothing after events which force change on completion such as showering however they will change back to their naked state after they've slept again.

This appears to be intentional however I can't see any reason why they would want to create such a condition. If the intention was to discourage extended visitation or deter users from tuning of visitation parameters, this is possible the most ill-conceived method imaginable and, from what I've determined through extreme testing, the engine handles extended visitation without any failures.

Here are two example of '2nd day nudism':

http://s15.postimg.org/p2ybhcqwb/01_25_16_4_29_17_PM.png

http://s15.postimg.org/66smxip0r/01_25_16_4_36_17_PM.png

Message 1 of 12 (1,758 Views)

Re: Sims Awaken Nude after 2nd Day Cycle

Hero

Why do you think it's intentional ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,749 Views)

★★ Guide

The timing is exact and it isn't the result of any error - the sims get out of bed then spin out of their clothing and they do this persistently after the second day of visiting.

Message 3 of 12 (1,741 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,725 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ForestNinja0 is this issue still occurring for you on the most recent update? If so, could you possibly share a save file with me? Thanks much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 12 (1,656 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims Awaken Nude after 2nd Day Cycle

★★ Expert
Message 7 of 12 (1,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hey @unseenlarks

Do you mind sending us a save game? 

Did you already send one that we could use?

Thanks! Standard smile

Message 8 of 12 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hi @SimGuruIcarus! how are you doing? thank you for replying.

i *did* send one, it's actually the older version of the save i'm playing now. just in case, this is it: https://1drv.ms/f/s!An43Z42J2d3aunIH9AAe-6rBDRM2

yesterday, on my computer, i left it so there's a Sim visiting somebody who's been doing the random dressing/undressing thing. i don't know if you can get to that folder from the other link, so just to be sure... here it is: https://1drv.ms/f/s!An43Z42J2d3aun7E-w8WqPAXHId_

i hope the links work.

Message 9 of 12 (1,373 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Visited Sims stay nude after second day in their house

Hero
Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,297 Views)