by VraieEsprit

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires born to human sims with no vampire elements involved

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work Get Together Vampires Outdoor Retreat Spa Day Parenthood Toddlers Fitness Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby born to human parents in a house/lot where a vampire ism was previously born, irrespective if it was born to that sim (lot does not have vampire ley line trait) Also 100% of vampire and human pairings spawn vampire babies, not 50%
What happens when the bug occurs? A vampire baby is born.
What do you expect to see? Human baby if no vampire elements involved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit by EA_Nils: Submitting on behalf of user.

Message 1 of 13 (6,129 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampires born to human sims with no vampire elements involved

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (6,039 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've been having trouble reproducing this issue, could you possibly share a save file where you're having this problem? Thanks for the report! Instructions for sending save file are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 13 (6,005 Views)

★ Guide

@SimGuruNick

Maybe this is not it, but I had an issue with vampires.

A baby was born out of a human and a vampire. I understand it could be human or vampire, right?

Human and baby were later moved into a household with the vampire, so they could be a happy family (Vampire, human and baby).

Issue was, when vampire powers emerged (teenage-hood), the vampire-human spawn would act like human, human needs descending, though the needs screen showed him as a vampire with vampire needs.

It was an annoying issue 'cause he would ask for food but everytime I fed him he threw up, plus he showed thirst for blood so it was double trouble :\

My solution: I made the father turn him into a human, then turned him into a vampire again.

Try playing with a male vampire, try for a baby with any random female from the world, then, once little spawn is born, invite them to live with your vampire and it might occur.

If this fails, have another active household, get your human pregnant, go play with your other household while your vampire-human couple age up and have their baby, wait till vampire powers appear and you'll notice. Try for several babies if first one fails. I had 5 kids with this couple, all of them were faulty, except the last one. I guess I was actively playing with the household when the last one was born? I can't remember, it was a while ago. I only had the base game (premium one or wtv is called) and the vampire expansion. Oh, and by the time I had the rest of the kids, the bride was already a vampire. :\

Hope I was clear and addressed op's issue. If not, my fault, you're free to ignore me ^_^

Message 4 of 13 (5,978 Views)

Hero

@paolaelectra

would you be willing to share your save as per instructions above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (5,956 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict

Oh sorry, I just wanted to help. God knows where that family is right now, it was a while ago. 

Message 6 of 13 (5,907 Views)

Hero

No prob

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (5,905 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just had a vampire born from two normal sims.  Dark Fey Line is NOT a house trait.  No vampire has been born or even lived in this house.

The closest vampire relative was 6 generations earlier.  Who lived in another house and was cured of vampirism.

Message 8 of 13 (5,561 Views)

Hero
I'm going to change this to needs input as there have been no me toos in almost a year but it's still happening.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (5,532 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires born to human sims with no vampire elements invol

★★★★ Apprentice

Just had vampire twins. Neither parent is a vampire. No vampire has ever lived on the lot. Only vampire relative is sim's aunt.

Message 10 of 13 (4,504 Views)