[FIXED] [V] Can't choose what to copy to vampire dark form (existing Vampires)

by skyemuu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Can't choose what to copy to vampire dark form (existing Vampires)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire in CAS, go to dark form and click on the little arrow next to the copy button that would let you choose what to copy over in the past.
What happens when the bug occurs? The copy menu does not appear at all.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to choose what to copy over like before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after getting the new Sims 4 game patch.

I've attached a picture that shows the issue, no copy menu, only the title.

Message 1 of 16 (2,465 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [V] Can't choose what to copy to vampire dark form (existing Vampires

Hero

• The Parts to Copy filter, for vampires in Create-a-Sim, should now actually show what parts you can copy.

Guessing Patch notes are referring to this issue (let me know if not)

Fixed in Patch 1.48.90

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (2,737 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't choose what to copy to vampire dark form

Hero

Hi @skyemuu

this still works for me

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (2,448 Views)

★ Guide

I've tried everything now, nothing works. Reset my sims 4 folder, repaired the game, started without mods/cc, still nothing.

Message 3 of 16 (2,440 Views)

★ Guide

Messed with it some more now, turns out only my existing vampires have the issue. Any new vampire I create in CAS is fine.

Message 4 of 16 (2,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

OK. Let me test that.

EDIT: Yup, that I can duplicate.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (2,432 Views)

★ Guide

Tested some more and found out it works if you enable cas.fulleditmode for previously created vampires. It wasnt like this before and its very inconvenient but it does seem more like a bug than an intentional change since the arrow is there in the first place.

Message 6 of 16 (2,409 Views)

Dark form issue

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I try to alter a pre-made vampire's dark form in CAS, the parts to copy list is empty
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't automatically change a pre-made vampire's dark form.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the parts to copy list.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest, pre-Get Famous patch as of 15th November 2018

Can you help me fix this bug in CAS? The parts to copy list of my vampires' Dark form is not showing.

Message 7 of 16 (2,380 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but I'm having the same problem since I updated my game.

Message 8 of 16 (2,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Toztabud wrote:

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but I'm having the same problem since I updated my game.

You're not hijacking :D 

I even merged your other post in here. It's keeping one thread issue here so we keep them all in one.

Thanks for your report. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (2,352 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks. I've now installed GF, and I still can't edit the dark forms.

Message 10 of 16 (2,312 Views)