Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims won't eat a full meal

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (minus Island Living)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler with low hunger. Click on some food to either grab a serving or eat.
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler starts eating but puts the plate down before finishing. I have to click the plate two or three times to get them to eat the whole thing.
What do you expect to see? The toddler eats all of the food before putting the plate down.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Almost every time I have a toddler click on a plate of food to eat it, the toddler will start eating and then put the plate down again after a few bites. I'm having to click the plate of food two or three times to get my toddlers to eat the entire plate which is really frustrating. The only time I can remember them eating a full plate was a plate of fruitcake. Every other food I tell them to eat has the same issue. 

It has happened with multiple toddlers both in my game with mods and cc and after taking them out and starting a new save. 

It's been happening for a few days but I don't remember exactly when it started. 

Message 1 of 94 (13,698 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddlers won't eat a full meal

[ Edited ]
Hero

Grab Meal or Give Food for all ages will now fulfill the hunger needs completely. Hopefully it will help with the 100 baby challenge Standard smile

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

If you still have issues with Sims not eating up, there's several still open issues (probably all connect)

If you still have toddlers not eating their meal, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 85 of 94 (8,658 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

My sim wont even eat the food. He grabs the plate and sits down, then gets back up and puts the plate down. 

Message 2 of 94 (13,588 Views)

Only eating half the food

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except luxury party, cool kitchen, and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim, cook a meal and eat
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will start to eat, quit halfway leaving the plate and their meter half full
What do you expect to see? The sim to eat everything on the plate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It wouldn't be such a big deal but I notice the toddlers do this most of all. A hungry tod gets taken away. I noticed this after my sims moved to Newcrest and the latest patch.

Message 3 of 94 (13,248 Views)

Hero
@Jajawigitywac Is this for toddlers ?

Are you using cc/mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 94 (13,539 Views)

Re: Only eating half the food

Hero
@stayc615 Seems it's a common issue for toddlers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Toddlers-won-t-eat-a-full-meal/td-p/7958693/ but I've not seen any issues with normal Sims.

Could you try moving the Sim out and back in and maybe try a new save to see if it's connected to the save/house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 94 (13,226 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having this, or a similar, issue as well. I have the patch that was released last night (I'm sorry, I'm new enough I'm struggling to find it and exceptionally frustrated ATM). However, I have never used CC, nor have I had this issue until today, my first time playing since the new patch was released.

Message 6 of 94 (13,515 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Toddlers won't eat a full meal

★ Guide

This just happened to me as well. I don't know if this is due to the toddler being stuck with a toy or not.

Message 7 of 94 (13,507 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this problem too when I was trying to feed my toddler from a group meal. I finally had the parent sim make her a bowl of peas and she ate that - so I wasn't sure if we just have picky eating toddlers. I have all packs available and no custom content. This only started happening after the update on June 18.

Message 8 of 94 (13,499 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictClockworkNed Same issue since new patch. They eat 2/3 of a meal and then put the plate down. I have no mods (just CAS CC hairs).
Message 9 of 94 (13,467 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Happening to me as well, seems to be the case with or without mods.

Message 10 of 94 (13,457 Views)