by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims Complaining About Comfy Furniture Being Uncomfy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim sit in or sleep in something with a Comfort of at least 1.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite the furniture being comfy, Sims are getting uncomfortable moodlets from it, complaining about it being supposedly uncomfy.
What do you expect to see? Unless I'm mistaken, furniture should be considered comfortable as long as it has a comfort bonus.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

This is really odd. Ever since Seasons, my Sims are getting uncomfortable moodlets from furniture that SHOULD be considered comfy. This never happened before Seasons.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 52 (9,785 Views)

Re: Sims Complaining About Comfy Furniture Being Uncomfy

★★★★ Guide
I’m getting the cheap bed moodlet with beds that shouldn’t be giving it. Even the expensive beds.
Message 2 of 52 (9,689 Views)

★ Guide

Yep, I'll second that. All beds, without fail will give me these negative moodlets too. Happens in new saves, CC and mod free, and after repairing game, for reference.

Message 3 of 52 (9,681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

sadly, this has been an issue long before Seasons. i've seen it happen with bar stools, for example. i think i made a report once... or mentioned it somewhere, i'm sorry, i can't recall ATM.

Message 4 of 52 (9,680 Views)

★ Guide

I only have it with one particular sim - no one else seems to find the chair uncomfy. I’ve had to reset her on some occasions the debuff doesn’t disappear and she’s still uncomfortable. 

Message 5 of 52 (9,653 Views)

★ Guide

@Illandrya

Is the moodlet still stuck there even after it's timer for how long it effects the sim runs out?

Message 6 of 52 (9,641 Views)

★ Guide

@wobibobi The timer never moved. 6 simhours later it still had 2 hours to go which is when I did the reset so that she could enjoy her date. She had performed a lot of other actions in the meantime, none of which would have restarted the timer. 

Message 7 of 52 (9,634 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims Complaining About Comfy Furniture Being Uncomfy

★★ Guide

Is this related to furniture crafted via the Woodworking Table?

Those seem a bit strange, since hovering your mouse over them will show them with a Comfort rating, but going into build mode and picking them up will have the tooltip appear in the lower right saying they have the "Uncomfortable" tag as well.

Message 8 of 52 (9,598 Views)

★★★ Novice
I had this happen last night. I have All expansions, no mods. One sim complained twice about the uncomfortable bed. It was one of the new beds with seasons. It has a discomfort rating of 4. The other sim did not complain. She was pregnant at the time, not sure if that’s related. I sold the bed and got an even better bed and she didn’t complain.
Message 9 of 52 (9,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've noticed this, most puzzlingly, with the Double Futon from City Living. Of course there are two versions: the "used" one, which is labeled as uncomfortable, and the non-"used" one. I've been having sims who are sleeping in the non-"used" one complain about the bed being uncomfortable. This is especially ironic given that the non-"used" futon's description begins with "Spacious and comfortable."  

Message 10 of 52 (9,569 Views)