by Alexmeteor

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] Debug plant at Spice Festival

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020 updated November 20th 2018
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attending to the Spice Festival (in Autumn in my game).
What happens when the bug occurs? Debug appears instead of the real object's name. See the screenshot for reference.
What do you expect to see? The real object's name.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I ran into this bug and it's really annoying. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 2 of 12 (1,993 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Festival plants all over the place

★★ Novice

My plants have grown in the planter, but today I had a **DEBUG** plant spawn __DEBUG__ plant spawning in game.

Message 1 of 12 (1,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So they put that bug back .. 

The problem here is that debug plants are being used (which don't have a proper name). The name for the regular plants should show properly

@NuclearGears I merged your post over to the new thread for this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (1,947 Views)

★ Guide
I and another had this exact same problem with this exact same plant, there’s apparently was a cowberry plant (I didn’t check mine, I saw it and figured it was a bug and kept playing)

I clicked me too!

—T
Message 4 of 12 (1,930 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (1,888 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Debug plant at Spice Festival

★ Guide

In my game the plants just randomly spawn across the place. Especcialy at Love Festival. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,832 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

Is anyone still experiencing this issue?

If so, would you be willing to send your save files? Instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!. Thanks! Standard smile

Message 7 of 12 (1,761 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, the mystery debug plant that gives cowberries popped up for me today, in fact. 

MysteryBush.jpg

My save file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yJ9p51hQh2peVZ8NWpkiG0ERw69W6EsX

(Note: Any messages that might pop up about custom content are due to Paint From Reference paintings, not actual CC/mods.) 

Message 8 of 12 (1,724 Views)

Champion

I've had this problem too for a while, but never said anything because I was afraid that if they fixed it, the Cowberries would disappear! ShockedOops Shhhh! Secret Angel I hope if they manage to get the plant to display its real name, that it still remains a Cowberry Plant! Fingers crossed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 12 (1,715 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I knew the cow berry came from something, but you don't get the bush when you plant it you get the cow plant.  So is that like 3 way cross breeding in the Sims 4?

Message 10 of 12 (1,687 Views)