by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Re: spar with others not working

Hero
I'm adding this as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 48 (18,878 Views)

Re: [SV] March bug - Military career

★★★ Guide

Thanks @crinrict 

It worked.

Message 11 of 48 (18,432 Views)

[Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [ŞV] Search the Star daily task not fulfilling/slow

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the military career, at Clandestine Investigator level; use the microscope to 'search the stars;.
What happens when the bug occurs? The daily task to 'search the stars' is VERY slow to complete. My sim has been using the microscope for hours and is only at 25% done.
What do you expect to see? For the task to complete without taking a whole sim day
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Was going to post this in bugs but I'm not totally sure if it is working as intended or is actually a bug. Anyone else having this issue as well?

Message 12 of 48 (18,842 Views)

Re: Searching the stars daily task not completing

Hero
Hi @Belgeost

I found it a bit slow as well. Also, it only seems to count at all at night which makes it more difficult.

I'll try to get some info if it's working as intended.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 48 (18,840 Views)

★ Novice

It's really slow and it's the telescope, not microscope. I have never had any mods on my game, so it has nothing to do with those.  I mostly have done it during the daytime, since her shifts are 6 pm to 2 am and then she has to sleep.  I'll try it on her day off at night.

Message 14 of 48 (18,754 Views)

★ Novice

I woke my sim up before dawn and the option to search the stars appeared.  By the time she got down there it was gone, so it has to be dark enough to see the stars to count.  Mystery solved. 

Message 15 of 48 (18,751 Views)

Hero

HI @Belgeost 

I moved this over to the bug forum.

I do think it should be possible to complete a daily task within reasonable time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 48 (18,677 Views)

military career file reports , search for stars does not complete

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While in Military Career click on the observatory search the sky, click on computer then write then write military report. Have sim perform work task.
What happens when the bug occurs? For the observatory when he searches the sky he goes into the observatory but the work task is not completed. It is the same with the computer except he writes the report gets 25% of it done, the gets up to do something else. I send him back and then he gets to 50%, he gets up again to do something else not prompted by me and again I send him back and he gets to 75%. By now the entire day is gone and he gets up and goes to work without the task being completed.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to complete the work task or work on it until I choose for him to do otherwise.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Stared with Strangerville game pack.

I had my sim change his career to the Military Career with the Strangerville game pack.  At first up until level 8 of the career he completed his work tasks without issue.  Once he was promoted to Level 8 he needed the observatory to search the sky as his daily work task.  With the observatory, he would go in and search the sky, at first it said task had not been started even though he was in the observatory for several hours.  I had him get out and go back in several times and then 25% was completed.  I repeated this process for 24 Sim hours and he never went above 50%.  The next day I tried again and the same thing happened, so I used a cheat (which I never do, but was totally frustrated) to advance him to the next level.  At level 9 he needed to "file reports" which I could not find initially but found "write military report" under the writing category on the computer.  He sat at the computer and got 25% done, then got up to paint without being prompted by me.  I sent him back to the computer and he got to 50% complete and once again got up on his own to go to the observatory.  I once again sent him back to the computer and he got to 75%.  By then it was time for him to go to work and the option to write the report was immediately cancelled and he went to work.  This entire process took an entire Sim day.  He started at 9 AM and left for work at 6 PM.

Message 17 of 48 (18,592 Views)

Re: military career file reports , search for stars does not complete

Hero

Hi @Jan_831 

merged your post.

it only counts during the night cause search the stars <> search the sky

I haven't personally had any issues with the write report one. Why do they get up ? To fulfill they're needs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 48 (18,584 Views)

Re: spar with others not working

Community Manager (retired)

There are two daily tasks available, "Practice Sparring" and "Spar With Others". Spar With Others will only complete when sparring with another Sim, practice sparring should complete with the training bot. So this doesn't sound like a legit bug Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 19 of 48 (18,445 Views)