by BryonyRae

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Interior Spaces lit like Exterior in Laptop Mode

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose a lot with a home on it and enter it (live mode or build mode). Note the lighting. Change game settings to place game into laptop mode. Exit game. Restart game and choose the same lot to enter (again live mode or build mode).
What happens when the bug occurs? The home is lit as if it was subject to exterior lighting. The only time the lighting looks correct is at night.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see interior lighting differentiated from exterior, even in laptop mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This was new after the 6/2/16 patch.

Here is an image of a home with non laptop lighting:

01-03-18_3-39-58 PM.png

And the same home with laptop mode:

01-03-18_3-35-49 PM.png

Message 1 of 3 (1,255 Views)

Outdoor light on inside

★ Novice

I don't know what happened, but about a week ago my game started to make my building difficult for me. Outdoor light is on the inside instead of the indoor light. So I know that it if you don't have a ceiling it will do that. I have a ceiling, all walls are built, everything. It even happens when I use the box tool. I tried repairing my game, updating it, taking all of my mods out, and uninstalling and reinstalling . It didn't fix. I watch streamers live and they don't have that problem. I have another laptop that has the sims 4 and it doesn;t do that. If anybody has any ideas on how to fix it please let me know.

Thank you,

smileysimmer66

Message 2 of 3 (1,184 Views)

Re: Outdoor light on inside

Hero (Retired)

@smileysimmer66 merged your thread with the known issue for laptop mode in The Sims 4.  Is it possible that you have this laptop set to laptop mode lighting but the other laptop is not?  I don't personally have a laptop, so I don't know what you have control over on them when it comes to lighting.

Message 3 of 3 (1,157 Views)