Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Info not displaying properly in gallery when clicking on feed

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upload a "Cats and Dogs" item do the galery, let someone else download it and click on the "downloaded" button in the "notification feed"
What happens when the bug occurs? Information not showing/loading propperly; neither download count is showing, nore the required packs, you have to go to your profile and check the download counter there as it isnt showing on the "pop up"
What do you expect to see? -
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

TS4_x64_2017-11-15_12-43-57.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 26 (2,146 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gallery Pack

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tomiki99 Merging your post then. Yes, this is quite an old issue.

EDIT

Archived this thread because of big gallery maintenance of June 2023. Please create a new thread if you still have this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (652 Views)

All Replies

Re: Info not displaying propperly in gallery

[ Edited ]
Hero

Looks like the packs not showing is true for all households not just the c&d. Same happens on favorites households

The download counter has been borked for a while now, might be a separate issue or there might be a bit of a lag.

Could you try clicking on download again in the feed to see if the counter corrected itself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (2,095 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 26 (2,081 Views)

★★★★ Guide
This happens most of the time now, content from other packs not being identified, especially on the builds picked out as Maxis faves.
Random thought: could it be tied into re-upload somehow...in essence, the build kind of loses part of its info. Ack, not explaining well this morn. Backing out to think it through some more. :D
Message 4 of 26 (2,008 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Info not displaying properly in gallery when clicking on feed

★ Guide

I wonder why this hasn't got more "Me Too"s because I see a lot of comments on the Gallery like: "Why does it say No Packs when I can see items from Seasons, Cats&Dogs, etc.?"

Message 5 of 26 (1,910 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Info not displaying properly in gallery when clicking on feed

Hero
Direct them here :D

Guess most people are probably not aware of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (1,907 Views)

gallery pack items

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, StrangerVille, Parenthood, Dine Out, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Cool Kitchen, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the gallery. View Sims that have been uploaded. Find one that doesn't use pack-specific content, but does have a cat or dog, or a vegetarian sim, or a vampire or alien, etc. The preview of the download says it was not made with any pack-specific content, when in fact, it was.
What happens when the bug occurs? Search results or featured (Maxis-liked) items on the gallery will contain pack-specific content but say in the information that it doesn't use any packs. This appears only with CAS uploads.
What do you expect to see? The packs used to create the sims listed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I first noticed this when attempting to download Kelsey from Buzzfeed's 100 baby challenge sims. Some of the sims had traits from packs I don't have, and when looking at individual sims, the traits would have a question mark. It also appears they may wear some clothes or have some hair that I don't own. The preview for the download stated "This Gallery item does not use any pack specific content" when clearly it did. I knew I wouldn't be able to play with them with missing traits and didn't want to re-dress them, so I decided against downloading them. Then recently, Maxis liked a family that has a cat, and doesn't list that it uses Cats and Dogs content (specifically, the cat). I've included a screen shot showing there is clearly a cat and it says "This Gallery item does not use any pack specific content." Lots of comments to the right of the preview (you have to scroll down) also seem confused it doesn't list that Cats and Dogs is required to play the whole family. Again, this seems specific to CAS Gallery items.

Message 7 of 26 (1,885 Views)

Re: gallery pack items

Hero

Hi @gardenlobster 

merging this with the other wrong gallery items thread. Bit different but I don't think it needs it's own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (1,874 Views)

★ Guide

Gotcha Crin, thanks! Wasn't sure.

Message 9 of 26 (1,872 Views)

Hero

@gardenlobster 

checking on your issue again, it might actually be something different from the others.

Are you checking through the News Page ? If so, if you check the same upload through the gallery tab, do they look fine ? It looks like the news section is generally missing all packs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (1,829 Views)