Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] Unable to cook certain dishes on Chef Station

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Digital Deluxe Upgrade, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The problem is with certain dishes in Chef Station ("L" shape one, other one is still not tested). Try to cook any casserole.
What happens when the bug occurs? When any sim tries to cook Taco Casserole, Vegetable Casserole, Tuna Casserole or Lobster Thermidor, After he placed the dish in the oven part of the Chef Station (the version I had was the L shaped chef station) he couldn't take it out of the oven and just kept popping up the "I can't get to that" thought bubble.
What do you expect to see? I've tried to make a dish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's not only my problem, but also for a few more people and it's always the same.

It was tested like:

- Without CC (Mods)

- In another family, another home, with totally empty space.

- On clean save

- Game was repaired

It seems like it's in game bug, and players can't solve it on their own, we have to wait for patch that will repair it.

Here is also an old topic about that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unable-to-cook-certain-dishes-on-Chef-Station/td-p/582558... it seems like this bug is here and there for at least a year.

I hope that this will be repaired soon!

With hugs,

Tokusa

Message 36 of 56 (5,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to use oven on Chef Station

[ Edited ]
Champion

I tested both types of chef station. On the straight one with the wall window, I cooked a high-energy protein plate, which is the recipe I was not able to make before. That worked OK now.

On the L-shaped chef station, I tried a lobster thermidor, which is a dish someone else reported as not working. It worked OK too.

So it looks like the issues with cooking oven-based dishes on the chef stations have been fixed.

View in thread

Message 52 of 56 (4,662 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Unable to cook certain dishes on Chef Station

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

After this new update I am having an issue where my sim will not use the oven on the Chef Station. I have no mods installed and I was able to use the oven prior to the new update. I am also able to use a regular oven but cooking any dishes on the Chef Station that requires the oven will result in your sim saying they cannot move there. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Message 1 of 56 (6,687 Views)

Hero

Did you try repairing the game, buying a new station and moving it around a bit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 56 (6,679 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried testing this out in my game to see if I had any issues, and I was unable to replicate the problem.

Message 3 of 56 (6,669 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I appreciate you trying to help, I repaired the game and found that didn't solve the issue. I also tried selling the station and buying a new one as well as rearranging the kitchen just in case anything was causing any issues, but still I was unable to use my oven to make Lobster Thermidor. I noticed I am able to sometimes use the oven however I am not able to make Lobster Thermidor. Just for peace of mind I also went to a default sim household, bought a chef station, and encountered the same issue of being unable to finish Lobster Thermidor in the oven. I'm not sure if this is specifically a bug with this specific dish as sometimes I can bake on the oven and other times I get the cannot reach animation. I am thoroughly confused as I was able to make Lobster Thermidor before the toddler patch and sometime after.

Message 4 of 56 (6,654 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Adding on to what I previously said, I think this issues is primarily focused around the dish Lobster Thermidor and it's interaction with the Chef Station. I was able to make Breadsticks, Sim City Cheesecake, and Gourmet Fruitcake on the Chef Station and I was also able to make Lobster Thermidor on the regular oven, but I cannot make Lobster Thermidor on the Chef Station.

Message 5 of 56 (6,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Sasstic I'll try making Lobster Thermidor on a Chef Station and see if I have the same issues.

Have you tried renaming your TS4 folder in your documents and trying it out with a fresh folder? Starting a new save isn't always enough to test those issues, as the problems can lie in other parts of that TS4 folder.

I would try that next, and don't bring over any mods, CC, previous saves, tray, or anything. Just fresh new game, new settings, and try it out Standard smile

EDIT: I was able to replicate the issue! My sim could use everything but the oven just fine, but after she put the lobster in the oven, she gave me the "wtf I can't go there" arms! I do hope this gets added as it does indeed seem to be a bug.

Message 6 of 56 (6,645 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for helping me confirm this bug! Hopefully they figure out the issue soon.

Message 7 of 56 (6,632 Views)

Hero

Duplicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 56 (6,583 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unable to cook Lobster Thermidor on Chef Station

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also have this issue, but with the Tuna Casserole, which also goes into the oven portion of the Chef Station. Frown

Message 9 of 56 (6,565 Views)