Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GTW] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4 Get to Work
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Play the detective career and level up so you can get a case where you have to find a suspect 2. After doing the APR, try go find the suspect with the clues you have been given
What happens when the bug occurs? There will be no suspect that meets the clues you were given. You can start to arrest random people and you might get lucky finding the right one.
What do you expect to see? Traits to fit the suspect.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's an issue that was there in a light form on release. Then it got fixed and all was good. After awhile it broke again and has been worse then ever since.

This is an older issue with many people affected. The original me too count does not necessarily represent the number though as the bug went through many stages.

Link to the old thread is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-GTW-Incorrect-suspect-traits-Suspect-doesn-t-show-up/td...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 12 (10,928 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

Hero

• And we addressed an issue that could prevent a criminal from properly appearing that matched the clues for the crime in question.

Fixed in Patch 1.37.35

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (10,814 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
Has there been any fix to this yet?
Message 2 of 12 (10,747 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue 95% of the time I issue an APB.

Sometimes when I go to the lot where the APB sends me, another sim from my household will also appear there and they suddenly have the options to interrogate and arrest people too, despite not being in the detective career themselves. And if I leave and head back to the station with my detective sim, my household sim gets stuck at the APB lot and their needs go into the red until my detective's day ends when I can finally 'bring sim here' for the missing householder back at the home lot.

I also never have civilians in the police station to be able to take a statement as one of the days tasks.

When out on patrol, there are often no other NPC sims at all there or when there are NPCs they are never doing anything wrong for my detective to be able to issue a citation and the option does not appear on any of them.

The detective career has always had bugs since GTW first came out, and after a while I forget about them and try to play that career again, but it is virtually unplayable once you get to a certain level. Frown

Message 3 of 12 (10,718 Views)

★ Pro

Interestingly enough, after this being broken for me 100% of the time since the prior thread, I followed my detective to work for the first time in months.  He is Chief of Police now and after getting a case assignment I didn't travel to a crime scene.  He was able to analyze evidence and cross reference on a computer with items already in his inventory without doing so.

After obtaining 5 clues I issued the APB without waiting for it to appear as a task to be completed in his day.  He was transported to the Discotheque Pan Europa Nightclub in Windenburg and a sim matching the clues spawned right beside him.  She was the correct suspect and was jailed after her interrogation.

I'm not sure why it worked after all this time since it still seems to be a prevalent problem in other people's games.  My game is fully patched but I haven't bought the Cats and Dogs EP yet, so it isn't installed.  I do have all other released content.  I don't know if a suspect matching the clues will generate every time but it did work last night.  Things done differently from what I've done in the past are: Not go to a crime scene and not wait for Issue APB to appear in the daily tasks.

Message 4 of 12 (10,650 Views)

★★★ Novice

I seem to be having this issues, but the suspect never matches the traits and ends up always being the same sim.

Message 5 of 12 (10,637 Views)

★★★ Guide

I should begin by ackonwledging my detective career is buggy, i have no mods, and am fully patched and have all sims 4 content installed up thru pets. Ifound the suggestion to arrest the suspect that everyone points at to work in general, but recently the suspect was a young vampire who was on the scene during the day. When arresting this sim, the early animations indicated this was the correct suspect, but then the vampire animations for dying by sun exposure appeared to begin...and the game returned me to station before either animation completed and without a suspect. ive been trying to debug this since using edit.fullcasmode cheat i discovered, by issuing new APBs and gaining new clues, but to no avail. suspect does not appear at lot and no sim there can be arrested. ive cycled thru 3 new APBs now on 3 separate workdays. i cannot get a suspect back to station to complete interrogate suspect action therefore and am stuck on case and likely to be fired soon. and none of the other debug options seem to execute other than by providing new clues.

Am wondering if im not using the debug commands correctly. has anyone had success using the interrogate suspect debug, for example? is there another workaround? i would prefer to complete present case and interrogate suspect given time input, but even obtaining new case (closing current case) would provide path forward...

please lmk if there are recent suggestions. ive been through old posts pretty thoroughly, but see little mention of the debug commands or resolved scenarios that mirror my issue. and i apologize in advance if ive missed a resolution, as there is a lot of discussion on this topic (detective career bugs/workarounds) to sort thru.

Message 6 of 12 (10,591 Views)

Champion

Usually, there is a suspect that people will point at. But occasionally I’ve had it bug out badly so that there isn’t anybody I can arrest at all (nobody knows anything and points at no one).

To work around it, I’ve had my detective go back to the station, activated testingcheats on and shift-clicked on my sim.

The only debug detective day event option I used was the Arrest Suspect option, and it generates new evidence in your inventory. Analyse all of it and add it to the crime map to learn new traits about the “new” suspect.

Then when you do an APB, ask people to point and there should be someone there you can arrest, even if the clues are all still completely wrong.

Message 7 of 12 (10,519 Views)

Hero

• And we addressed an issue that could prevent a criminal from properly appearing that matched the clues for the crime in question.

Fixed in Patch 1.37.35

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (10,815 Views)

[TO TEST] [GTW] APB clues are misleading?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them instead Fitness Toddler SPs and Cats n dogs EP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? IDK if clicking the notebook from phone would help bcs i saved after i made my sim get a new case file
What happens when the bug occurs? you cant find the suspect
What do you expect to see? i had to find the suspect but clues were misleading me to arrest other sims accidentally lol its so funny now when thinking about how much i got stressed out everytime they say they are not the person
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I sent a tweet last night about this and a helping hand suggested me to let you guys know about this. Apparently there is a bug issue with the APB clues system it says black but the person had blond hair. I will put the tweet down below its a video i took about the issue and the other link is my save file which is required i guess. My username is phurcon. I wanted to give it a shot even tho the sim didnt have black hair and it worked thats how i saw that the clue was wrong. I dont believe that its a CC issue tho but please let me know if there is something i might went wrong to cause this thank you all for all of your efforts have a nice day!

https://twitter.com/phurcon/status/940712140306026496

Message 9 of 12 (10,458 Views)

Re: APB clues are misleading?

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @eflatonik

I removed your link and forwarded directly cause from your tweets you suggest that you don't want to have the whole world to have your saves

at what point did you get those clues ? Before or after yesterday's patch ? Did you start that case before or after the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (10,439 Views)