by celticthunder21

Original Post

[OPEN] Jogging ends immediately

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the expansions, game packs, and stuff packs as of 5/26/19 for the Sims 4 installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a character and place them in a house in StrangerVille. In my instance, the weather is cold. Click on the Sim and select "Go Jogging". Keep clicking on this option until the bug occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim abruptly stops jogging and returns to their Everyday clothing.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see the bug fixed so when I tell the Sim to Go Jogging, they will just go for their usual jog.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue occurred after the release of StrangerVille.

I was playing my game this evening and one of my Sims is in the Military.  As part of the daily objectives, my Sim has to Go Jogging.  I would select the Sim to Go Jogging, (it's cold outside but not snowing or freezing), and the Sim would beginning jogging and shortly thereafter would bug out, reset, and return to their Everyday clothing.  I am hoping this bug can be resolved in the next update as this makes the action incredibly challenging.

Edit By Crinrict :Merged a few threads with 11 me toos

Message 6 of 34 (6,383 Views)

[OPEN] [CL] Jogging in San Myshuno ends abruptly (19 Culpepper House)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send sims jogging from the apartment 19 Culpepper House in San Myshuno's Spice District.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims from that apartment will spin into their workout clothes, start jogging and then after a random short amout of seconds will abruptly end jogging. Sometimes with a T-pose animation.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see sims able to go on a full jog around the neighbourhood, with enough time to get the "good workout" moodlet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌This sounds like a previously reported and fixed bug that has reappeared. I don't think I experienced the bug before, but this is the first time I've ever played sims living at this particular apartment (19 Culpepper House). So I'm not sure if this has been around for a while or only appeared after a recent patch.

I have three sims living in the apartment and none of them are able to complete a jogging run, so it's not an issue with a particular sim.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 34 (5,342 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Jogging in San Myshuno ends abruptly

Hero

Could you test another apartment ?

I had no issues with this just now so it might be related tot he apartment ? Bit short on testing time myself currently

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (5,282 Views)

★ Guide

I think its related to the apartment because the same thing happens to my sim who lives there. 

Message 3 of 34 (5,260 Views)

Champion
I switched to the Bheedas in the other building down the street and they were able to jog around the Spice Market just fine. I'm only having issues with that one particular apartment - 19 Culpepper House.

I haven't had a chance to try other households in the same building though, so I can't tell if it's the whole of Culpepper House or just apartment 19.
Message 4 of 34 (5,227 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (5,181 Views)

Re: jogging in strangerville

Hero
Does it only happen in Strangerville to you or other neighborhoods as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (6,306 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I notice this happen in Shady Acres about 50% of the time; they'll stop about 3/4 into their jog and suddenly be in their everyday wear; I'll see if I can find the usual spot where the Sim stops, since I have a few living there now.

- B

Message 8 of 34 (6,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@celticthunder21

Does you Sim by any chance have an umbrella?
I find it impossible for any Sim to complete a jog when they have an umbrella.

They jog a bit then stop to pull out their umbrella. I had to remove them from all my Sims to get them to do any outdoor related activities.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 9 of 34 (6,268 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, my Sim does not have an umbrella in this particular instance. It’s just cold outside, I told my Sim to jog and then poof, they reset and stop jogging. 

Message 10 of 34 (6,254 Views)