[OPEN] [CD] Pets running away during vet examination/ table goes down

by G4nymede

Original Post

Re: Vet-Can't examine pet

Hero

Did you create your own vet clinic ? If so, could you upload it to the gallery so I can try it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 73 (9,980 Views)

Re: Vet-Can't examine pet

Hero

Tagging @Kanvius again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 73 (9,963 Views)

[OPEN] [CD] Pets running away during vet examination/ table goes down

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? pets patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except: Get Together, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Cool Kitchen Stuff and Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your own vet clinic, examine a pet (it seems to mainly be cats) and hope for the worst.
What happens when the bug occurs? The examination starts and the table goes up. Eventually the table will automatically go down (sometimes instantly, sometimes after a couple of minutes) and the pet runs off. The pet returns after a while and examination can continue then, however it may get disrupted again.
What do you expect to see? Hopefully a fix so I don't have to leave patients waiting, or dismiss the runaway pets every time (causing my rating to go down).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure when this started as I just got this EP and I've had the issue directly when I tried out for vet clinic.

Message 23 of 73 (7,803 Views)

Re: Pets running away during vet examination

Hero

Hi @G4nymede

there's another similar thread somewhere but I can't find it atm.

I've seen this maybe once in my game when I was playing the vet career. 

Do you have any idea what triggers it ? Are they low in need, really stressed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 24 of 73 (7,756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think it may be trait related because the cats weren't stressed or low in needs. They just seemed to run off the map and took a bit to retrieve.
It could be that the carefree (or something like that) trait may not properly work when taking vets in consideration :P

Message 25 of 73 (7,754 Views)

★ Guide

I think this is caused by their owner starting an animation/interaction with their pet around the same time that your active vet sim greets the owner (to start the exam with the pet).

I've noticed that the pet will wander away towards the spot on the floor where the owner was but then reroutes back to the exam table once they get to the spot on the floor. Mostly the owner will have moved to stand somewhere else.

If the owner is still standing in the same spot then the owner will interact with the pet and then the active vet sim often needs to cancel he exam and start it manually again.

Not sure if this helps any, but in a nutshell it seems like it is an animation that was started between the pet and it's owner that is causing animals to move away from the exam table and the surgery machine.

Message 26 of 73 (7,719 Views)

Hero

Added to the inconclusive list for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 73 (6,357 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if that's the cause for me, I noticed that they tend to run almost off the map. They definitely run off the lot.
Generally the owners stay somewhat nearby in my game.

Message 28 of 73 (6,348 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Pets resetting off exam tables in vet career

EA Staff

Hi @missdeefying

We are trying to reproduce this issue and we have a few questions, if you are willing to answer :D

When you say "resets off the table", what is the exact behaviour that you are seeing? Does the pet run off the table like explained in the following thread?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pets-running-away-during-vet-examination/td-p/6461373

@Jkrman401 @LucianoMedice @MillenniumKitten

If you also have more information about this, please share it with us!.

Thank you very much to you all!

Message 29 of 73 (6,002 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] Pets resetting off exam tables in vet career

★★★ Novice
If you have a pet on the exam table and ready to examine, also sometimes during the examination, the table will lower and the pet will step off before you are finished. The doesn't seem to run away though, it just steps off the table as it normally would after an exam.
Message 30 of 73 (6,306 Views)