TM Swap to DR targets HK instead

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 8+
OS Version 12
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 815-584-748
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug When trying to use Thrawn's Grand Admiral Command (the tm swap) on Darth Revan, the game often swaps with HK-47 instead.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter a battle with a team composition of: Darth Revan, HK-47, Bastila Shan (Fallen), Thrawn, +1. Try to target Darth Revan with Grand Admiral Command. Watch the game give protection and turn meter to HK-47 instead.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

As you can see in the image below, Darth Revan was selected (the red indicates click location), and the shiny cylinder of power envelopes him. However, HK-47 gets the protection (notice the green +13410 above him) and the turn meter. 

DR_HK_TmSwap_Bug.jpeg

Message 1 of 10 (1,193 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: TM Swap to DR targets HK instead

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for the reports.

We were able to reproduce this on the iPhone 8+ and the iPad Pro 11" and flagged this for review now.

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (922 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
Hey, thanks for the report. We've checked this in game with the squad you mentioned and didn't manage to reproduce the issue.
From the screenshot you provided, Darth Revan is right next to HK-47 so it might have been just a misclick.
Let me know if you encounter this when Darth Revan is not positioned next to HK-47.
In case this is an actual issue, a video would also help to see what happened during the battle before but there is absolutely nothing in the game mechanics which could cause such an issue.
Message 2 of 10 (1,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I was the one that actually provided the screenshot. The red blob on the screenshot indicates where I pressed. I am 100% confident I did not miss-click as I have replicated multiple times. I also have a video of this occurring, but unfortunately I can’t find a way to display a cursor that will show in the video where I’m actually tapping, so it’s a pretty useless video.

Message 3 of 10 (1,134 Views)

[ Edited ]

There's a discussion thread in the vanilla forums, and they are theorizing that HK's "selection box" used to click on him is too large, and might be obscuring Darth Revan.  Perhaps this is related to the new skin that was given to HK-47?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately, a video from me won't do much good, as I am on iOS. But I'm curious why you can't reproduce, as there are multiple reports of this on the forums, and I have spoken with others on Discord that noticed the same issue. As mentioned, it just appears to be an issue with the "hit box" for HK being too large. I mean, the screenshot even shows where the user pressed, and you can see the illuminated plume above the wrong character, so it definitely happened.

Edit: for reference, the thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/199566/dr-bug-or-am-i-missing-something#l...

I looked for a bit, but couldn't find any videos where this happened.

Message 5 of 10 (1,107 Views)

It is indeed curious why it's not impacting everyone. To satisfy my curiosity, I just tried to reproduce it using the exact squad (including the Ally) shown in the screenshot (albeit on a different node).

When it was my Thrawn's turn, I carefully clicked on Darth Revan, and the skill worked appropriately, switching tm with him, healing his (already full) protection, and making it Revan's turn.

So...I was unable to reproduce a "hit box" issue. Perhaps it's only a hit box on a certain type of device, or only on a particular node, etc.

★★★★ Novice

Happens to me the whole time. I thought it was some HK character trait. It only happens with DR never with any other squad member.

Message 7 of 10 (1,043 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK, I've been testing this a lot on an ipad 2018 and it is definitely a hitbox issue. Basically HK's hitbox when in bottom right position (as per the OP's image) extends well into DR's character art to the point where only a part of DR is accessible. To guarantee that you select DR you need to click to the left of DR's character art and hope you don't select whoever is top left.
Or... CG could fix what is demonstrably a bug.

Message 8 of 10 (1,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not sure why I did not realise this earlier but there is an easy way to replicate this and prove that there is a hitbox bug: Rather than swap TM, which happens in an instant, start a battle with DR and HK in the above formation, wait til they get ferocity (or any debuff or buff) then when it's your go attempt to bring up the explanation pop-up detailing the debuffs (push and hold on a debuffed toon). This way you can see at what point HK's debuff pop-up switches to DR's debuff pop-up. On an ipad 2018 it is the middle of DR, nowhere near HK.

Using this method you can also see why this is happening. HK's stance has one foot far back and if you trace a line up from just behind it, it runs up into the middle of DR in the above configuration. Clearly CG are using rectangular hitboxes for HK and HK's is therefore huge and will overlap anyone to the left of him.

So the OP's heatmap image is entirely accurate. In fact my testing suggest that you could even go slight further away from HK and still select him.

It would be great if CG could acknowledge this issue and present a solution as not everyone will have worked the above out.

Message 9 of 10 (940 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for the reports.

We were able to reproduce this on the iPhone 8+ and the iPad Pro 11" and flagged this for review now.

Message 10 of 10 (923 Views)