TH Digsite minigame gives a random prize if you close the game

by Ilois4

Original Post

TH Digsite minigame gives a random prize if you close the game

Hero

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) 6th gen
OS Version 14.4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the digsite minigame and close the game before choosing a dig spot. When you reopen the game, you are at your house and get notification of one of the prizes.
What do you expect to see? The game should open back so, that you can continue to choose the dig spot, instead of giving you one of the prizes.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Finland

Couple times during the last few months with Treasure Hunts, I’ve had to close the game for some reason after I started the digsite minigame but before scanning or choosing a dig spot. Now with new TH I decided to try it on purpose. Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. (I’m thinking the game gives you preselected prizes during digs and it doesn’t matter which dig spot you choose, unless you pay for scanning). 

But if for some reason you have to close the game, you lose the option to choose or pay for scanning. Also it doesn’t count as a dig on Smallfry’s quest part 7.

Starting the minigame:

E0046E00-3AD4-411E-B412-34013718D20A.jpeg

After reopening the game:

DD70FEF7-6EC2-4EFE-A34F-0B90FD46E48E.jpeg

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 4 (619 Views)

Re: TH Digsite minigame gives a random prize if you close the game

Hero

Also have to add that I tried this 10 times and got both relics and bunnies.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (612 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Ilois4! I just asked the team if it's as intended, so in case you get a disconnect you have a reward and you have not lost your chance. I will confirm when I get an answer.

Message 3 of 4 (556 Views)

★★★ Guide
@EA_DragonsEye Just wanted to add that this just happened to me. My game froze during the dig site, I waited and nothing was happening. I restarted the app. I got random prize upon opening the game. BUT this dig site attempt did not count towards the 7th step in Smallfry's quest, where I need to do complete 3 dig site attempts.
Message 4 of 4 (377 Views)