TFP not critically hitting HMF 99% of the time.

by Darklight_BG001

Original Post

Re: TFP not critically hitting HMF 99% of the time. One month.

Hero (Retired)

So normally I'd give some speech about rng and large sample sizes and all of that.

However, some months ago I was in conversation with someone reporting this exact same issue with these exact ships, and I was working with him to try and see if he was making any errors in his data tracking. With over 150 battles logged, he was only achieving a crit raid of some 30-odd percent. With his sample size, I could not construct confidence bands that came anywhere close to the 52%.

It's possible he had an extremely unlucky run. I unfortunately run my own Falcon fleet and was not able to test this issue adequately myself. But now we have another report of the same low crit rate, with no one as yet being able to provide a sample where the crit rate was within an acceptable margin of the 52% it is supposed to be.

This issue may be worth looking into.

Message 11 of 20 (996 Views)

If it's just with this specific interaction, it sounds more like some unintended "Crit Avoidance" on the Falcon, rather than the crit chance for the TIE Fighter.

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the replies, @GladOS-013@crzydroid and @EA_HighCommand, but I wonder where does that leave us. if it's unintended "Crit avoidance" on HMF part can it be brought back to normal level, which should be 0% as per the ship description? Do I need to report this somewhere else, is someone looking into it after I reported it here or what are the next steps?

I would like this resolved as each day I'm losing crystals because of it for refreshes and for not getting higher ranks. Rough estimate shows that I've lost about 8K crystals for the duration of 50 days since I'm running this fleet.

Thanks.

Message 13 of 20 (922 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It might be helpful if you have any tables of physically recorded rates you may have. Number of non-dodged hits on Falcon and number of crits (yellow text).

Message 14 of 20 (886 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crzydroid Shouldn't it be the other way around? The player base (including you) collected some decent amount of data which suggests some stats might not work as intended. Why asking a player to record data CG already has at hand? Devs should be able to fetch all TFP vs HMF battles from logs for a few days with ease and check the crit rate. That would be thousands of battles which @Darklight_BG001 could never provide. Only if those logs show nothing unusual it should be 1010303090s turn again to gather additional footage to prove his point valid nevertheless.
Message 15 of 20 (882 Views)

@FourInstances Since battles take place locally on each device (instead of on the server), I don't think CG has any logs of the specific hits. High Command said they did testing of this and saw correct stats and critical rates. It's a mystery

★★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 Hey, I know the battles take place locally. High Command talked about doing a few battles manually (which I cannot take seriously). If logs from the live game are not available test servers should do. Simulate 1000 runs of the fleet composition in question and post back to poor 1010303090. If CG does not have any logs on how the game is working that would be another mystery Wink
Message 17 of 20 (866 Views)

@FourInstances It's my understanding that when HC does testing like that, they have much more visibility to stats and mechanics then a regular player. If they can actually see the listed critical chance and avoidance values then regardless if the number of repetitions, the values should remain unchanged.

This is making me want to test and keep statsb myself though. I like a good mystery...

@GladOS-013 I did two battles with Chimaera, TIE, Poe, Hound Tooth squads tonight. My Tie critted 1 out of the 2 battles. Small sample size for sure, but very unlikely if there’s a 1% crit chance,

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crzydroid  for over 50+ days I've had more than 500 battles with this fleet, the physically recorded data is the grinding of my teeth. I'm joking of course but seriously the only viable data for you would be if I recorded each and every battle on video, which you understand is impossible. Everything else is just my word and I've already given it and just think what reason might I have to lie about this? If it worked as intended wouldn't I be happily enjoying the game and collecting tons of crystals?

@GladOS-013  I don't understand how the 35% @EA_HighCommand achieved are correct stats. ITF alone has 39% and 15% from the Chimaera. He didn't achieve even the ITF' stat, which ok let's say was a bad run, but where are the 15% from the Chimaera? Also if this result will not change as more battles are played then that's proof right there that something''s wrong. Obviously 35% is very different from the expected 54%. To the very least this is ground for more testing to see indeed if it was a bad run or there is more to it. My experience shows there is much more as I"m not even close to these 35% in my 500+ battles, but apparently High Command has no interest to have this mystery solved. And note it's not just me. People from my guild play the same fleet, they have noticed it, friends from other guilds have noticed it, there is another post here, which I quoted earlier in the thread on this exact same issue from someone I don't know.

If you have the time and make let's say 40 battles and tell me you got anywhere near 54% success rate  I'll accept that everything is ok, that we're all wrong and the game works as intended. Can you find the time for that please?

The other report is this one - "Crit Chance not calculating properly in fleet "

Message 20 of 20 (826 Views)