T3 zeta refund

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 6
OS Version 12.5
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) http://bit.ly/AllyCode
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug In Arena, Sith Trooper continually takes roughly half damage from General Grievous attacks. However, the only thing explaining both Sith Trooper’s lower damage intake and his tendencies to avoid being critically hit is the fact Sith Trooper has “Defense up” during the fights as a buff, which grants him “50% defense”. This would be acceptable EXCEPT T3 has a passive which I gave a zeta to IGNORE DEFENSE. it’s not the RNG I’ve tested it for at least a week now in arena and my mods have gotten General Grievous to 95% critical chance yet Sith Trooper avoids being critically hit even more than Malak does, and I’m purposely avoiding any Sith Trooper with Critical Avoidance mods so I know my judgment isn’t skewed. Will you please either fix this or refund the zeta to everyone who invested in T3’s Zeta for 100% defense penetration when clearly it does not work as stated. Thank you.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run a General Grievous with T3 match versus a Sith Empire setup including Sith Trooper. And just watch the numbers. Set your General Grievous to 100% crit chance of you like (just remember that between whoever is the lead and T3 you will add additional critical chance which will actually make it higher than 100%, I recommend about 62% crit chance on Grievous so T3 grants 8% and then use HK47 lead to get to 100%. You’ll notice Sith Trooper easily takes the hits that kill all the other members of the team or the damage he takes is severely reduced.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

It has happened as shown in these photos countless times. Sith Trooper survives when nobody else does except sometimes Malak. And you can gauge how much damage was done to the dead members of the team by what happened to Malak Andy his health pool. 

9E50826E-40B1-4AD0-AC9D-2801C2D93427.png
3CBA530B-A306-4C26-9B2F-E9847D6C3B05.png
Message 1 of 10 (675 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: T3 zeta refund

★ Guide
@RodneyFB 100% defense penetration is not ignoring defense
It doubles the amount of armor/resistance penetration a unit has
Defense penetration is armor and resistance penetration
T3 has base 126 armor penetration which with his unique will make it 252.
Other droid allies will gain 252

So GG armor penetration will be 457

Sith trooper gains 100% defense from his unique and another 50% with defense up
The defense up and gg lead kind of negate each other so you are left with sith trooper gaining 100% defense

Sith trooper base armor is 453
So in battle that is 906
Mods can easily boost that more
Mods have no effect on defense penetration.

So with trooper before mods will still have a very high damage mitigation (damage mitigation is the armor stat you see in game) vs gg with t3

Defense (armor/resistance) and defense penetration has no effects on critical hits

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (606 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
@RodneyFB Hey, thanks for the report. Just to clarify, T3-M4's unique Zeta upgrade states "Droid allies gain 100% of T3-M4's Defense Penetration". Defense is a combination of stats in the background (which doesn't have anything to do with Crit Chance or Crit Avoidance). Crit Avoidance is not affected in any way by Defense Penetration.

Having clarified that aspect, if I understood your report correctly, you're saying that you noticed Droid allies not landing Crit Hits on the enemy Sith Trooper (which is usually equipped with Crit Avoidance), despite T3-M4's Zeta? If so, then it is working as intended.

If I misunderstood your report, please let me know.

Thank you.
Message 2 of 10 (657 Views)

★ Guide
@RodneyFB 100% defense penetration is not ignoring defense
It doubles the amount of armor/resistance penetration a unit has
Defense penetration is armor and resistance penetration
T3 has base 126 armor penetration which with his unique will make it 252.
Other droid allies will gain 252

So GG armor penetration will be 457

Sith trooper gains 100% defense from his unique and another 50% with defense up
The defense up and gg lead kind of negate each other so you are left with sith trooper gaining 100% defense

Sith trooper base armor is 453
So in battle that is 906
Mods can easily boost that more
Mods have no effect on defense penetration.

So with trooper before mods will still have a very high damage mitigation (damage mitigation is the armor stat you see in game) vs gg with t3

Defense (armor/resistance) and defense penetration has no effects on critical hits

Message 3 of 10 (607 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok so the question was if I have 100% crit chance why does Sith Trooper avoid Critical hits even tho the ones I am fighting on my server DO NOT have critical avoidance. The comment below (from what I read so far) explains why the damage reduction so I kinda feel a little better. But unless the below explanation then explains why I’m not getting any critical hits, it’s kinda still confusing. 

Message 4 of 10 (573 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok that explains A LOT, about the damage reduction because I wasn’t heavily confused by that aspect. I thought defense penetration meant “ignore defense”. Thank you for clarifying that part. But the fact is, Sith Trooper DOES avoid critical hits a lot. My General Grievous doesn’t not get a lot of critical hits on Sith Troopers but he has 100% crit chance almost and he always gets those same exact hits on the rest of the team besides Malak once his HP starts to drop or when Counter Battle Meditation is on General Grievous. I do appreciate this A LOT tho, it helps me understand my teams aspects greatly lol. 

Message 5 of 10 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@RodneyFBto add to this something I forgot. Many mod Sith trooper with crit avoidance arrow (24% crit avoidance) and while Dark Bastilla is alive she is giving out Croupted Battle meditation (-60% crit chance) So it could be an effective combined -84% crit chance until Dark bastila is dead

Message 6 of 10 (564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Just read that no crit avoidance arrows.

So while Dark bastilla is around could have -60% crit chance on your droids

Message 7 of 10 (561 Views)

★★★ Novice
@scuba75 That’s the crazy thing, I’ve been checking for that because I figured people were using critical avoiders. They are not and Badstila actually is -60% since it’s doubled for non-Jedi and Sith. But even when I have no CBM and no Crit Avoidance Sith Trooper does not get critically hit and it’s infuriating.
Message 8 of 10 (558 Views)

★★★ Novice
@scuba75 It’s like 50:50 at best even tho it’s 100% on everyone else.
Message 9 of 10 (557 Views)

★ Guide

Definitely can be annoying. 92% should be happening all the time I would think.

Recommend getting some video of it and posting

Message 10 of 10 (539 Views)