Original Post

Accepted Solution

Switching from game to another app and back causes a crash

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Pixel 5
OS Version Android v12
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The game closes and restarts whenever you switch apps on Android. If you are playing the game and switch to a different app for any reason, then when you switch back to heroes it crashes and restarts (especially bad if you were in the middle of a non-repeatable battle)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the game on an Android v12 device. Switch to another app such as Mail or Discord. Switch back to Heroes. The game will restart and you will see the splash screen and the game loading, instead of seeing the last screen that you were using.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

bug

Message 1 of 9 (821 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Switching from game to another app and back causes a crash

★★★★★ Apprentice

This issue was raised in another thread by a few Pixel users with the June security update. Seems Google broke something (again) with memory management and are looking into it:

https://piunikaweb.com/2022/06/10/google-pixel-reloading-or-unresizable-widgets-apps-not-storing-in-...

and not, as repeatedly suggested by support on numerous occasions, anything to do with your app cache, nor will it be fixed by their basic troubleshooting steps.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (547 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hello @tmi42 

In most cases, the issue is related to your device cache. Please try the Basic Troubleshooting Guide.

Message 2 of 9 (784 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks.  I did try all the steps in that guide before I posted the issue.  I also have only 45 GB out of 128 GB of storage space used, so I don't think space is an issue.  And I typically have about 3.5 GB of RAM free.

Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 9 (772 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue.  I've cleared app cache and issue still occurs with very high occurrence.   

Also Android and issue didn't start until the last title update.   

Message 4 of 9 (735 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue on my Google Pixel 6 Pro on Android 12. Started after the last major update. Switching between the game and another app will cause the game to restart. 

Message 5 of 9 (654 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This issue was raised in another thread by a few Pixel users with the June security update. Seems Google broke something (again) with memory management and are looking into it:

https://piunikaweb.com/2022/06/10/google-pixel-reloading-or-unresizable-widgets-apps-not-storing-in-...

and not, as repeatedly suggested by support on numerous occasions, anything to do with your app cache, nor will it be fixed by their basic troubleshooting steps.

Message 6 of 9 (548 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you!  I was looking around for some Android related information but hadn't come across this.   I did actually open up a support issue with Google and they sent me to EA/CG and then EA sent me to Google....

Message 7 of 9 (531 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I "upgraded" to Android 13 about a week ago.  Since then, the game has been able to stay open when I switch between apps, and seems to be back to its previously normal behavior.  It will even continue running overnight and I don't have to restart the game in the morning.

Message 8 of 9 (410 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That's right, Android 13 fixed this issue completely for me.

Message 9 of 9 (403 Views)