by SalixCat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sweet Treat Showdown Suddenly Buggy

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad
OS Version 13.6
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to tap to start the Sweet Treat Showdown from any available option
What do you expect to see? To be able to play the Sweet Treat Showdown
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

It only started today, but when I tried to start the Sweet Treat Showdown, I was unable to launch it. It didn't matter whether I tried from the Activities menu in the center that shows all the prizes; or made my Sim travel to Parkside and tried to click on the bench in the park; or selected the blender icon on the couch in my house and clicked on "Let's Go!" to start the showdown. It never launched. Instead, it looked like nothing had happened. So I started a Hobby activitiy with my Sim instead. But when I tried to tap on objects to complete tasks, it showed the percentage chance of starting a Showdown activity instead! It appears that my Sim was somehow simultaneously engaged in both activities, yet I couldn't complete any Showdown tasks.

I exited the game and tried opening it again, several times; no luck.

CM Edit: Images removed, please don't include any personally identifying information. 

Message 1 of 5 (659 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sweet Treat Showdown Suddenly Buggy

[ Edited ]
Hero

@W0lfsBane1224 Sorry 😞 This is the correct link
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Unable-to-start-Sweet-Treat-event/td-p/8328803

This is the suggested solution:

Yesterday I logged in and found my sim who were doing a home sweet home event having the sweet treat chances on him so it was probably glitched. He was doing the sweet treat previously, I had won it and received rewards then sent him to do another event but the game didn’t save my sweet treat progress. That’s why my other sims couldn’t start the sweet treat because the game thought it’s still ongoing.

So to fix it I just forfeited the challenge and then use another sim to start the sweet treat.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (608 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@W0lfsBane1224 There is a thread about this issue and a possible solution: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Sweet-Treat-Challenge-bake-off-start-button-unresponsive/...

Could you please try it and tell us if it solved your problem?

Message 2 of 5 (629 Views)

★ Apprentice

SalixCat,

Thanks so much, but oh no! That link is broken!

The event is over soon and I'm so close to the last Royal Treat Box :-(

Message 3 of 5 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@W0lfsBane1224 Sorry 😞 This is the correct link
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Unable-to-start-Sweet-Treat-event/td-p/8328803

This is the suggested solution:

Yesterday I logged in and found my sim who were doing a home sweet home event having the sweet treat chances on him so it was probably glitched. He was doing the sweet treat previously, I had won it and received rewards then sent him to do another event but the game didn’t save my sweet treat progress. That’s why my other sims couldn’t start the sweet treat because the game thought it’s still ongoing.

So to fix it I just forfeited the challenge and then use another sim to start the sweet treat.

Message 4 of 5 (609 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SalixCat Great, I tried that and it worked. Thanks.
Message 5 of 5 (597 Views)