Re: Sweet Treat Challenge does not allow more than one attempt

by SalixCat

Original Post

Sweet Treat Challenge does not allow more than one attempt

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) One Plus 3T
OS Version OxygenOS version 9.0.6 (android 9 Pie)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I fail in the Sweat Treat Challenge, I was expecting to be able to try again. The label says 1 of 6 tries (I bought the ticket to get more tries). However when I fail, it says that I can try again in X number of hours (I forget if it is 6 or 8). Surely I should be able to try immediately. If I have misunderstood how this works then sorry for creating this post
What do you expect to see?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country UK
Additional feedback Player id [Admin - Removing player ID. This is private info we would not want to be shared publicly]

When I fail in the Sweat Treat Challenge, I was expecting to be able to try again. The label says 1 of 6 tries (I bought the ticket to get more tries). However when I fail, it says that I can try again in X number of hours (I forget if it is 6 or 8). Surely I should be able to try immediately.

Message 1 of 8 (919 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Zeidbop With the Pro-ticket it is possible to store up to 6 attempts instead of the 3 we can normally store. The time between attempts is still the same, I believe 6 hours.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 8 (896 Views)

★★ Novice

I am not sure I understand what the point of attempts are. If after the wait, I have 6 attempts and I fail the first time, surly I should not have to wait again to use an attempt. I should have 5 attempts left. I don't appear to have that. I have to wait again. 

Message 3 of 8 (879 Views)

★★ Novice

It just happened again. I played the challenge for the first time today. After round 7 I failed the challenge. I collected the consolation prize. My expectation was that I should have 5 more attempts before having to wait. Instead I am only able to try in 4 and a half hours time!

Message 4 of 8 (850 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Zeidbop The purpose of this feature is less stress for players who don't have the time to play every day or don't want to do challenges every day. They can play every second day and do six challenges instead of three.

Message 5 of 8 (806 Views)

★★ Novice
@Zeidbop I have the same issue. My expectation is that you have 6 attempts, then it resets every 6 hours. That’s how it worked on the last challenge with the ticket. I left it 2 days went back and still showed 1 of 6 attempts so definitely a bug here! Might as well not bothered buying the golden ticket!
Message 6 of 8 (453 Views)

Hero
@cscfbath   You get a new attempt every 6 hours. I you left your game 48 hours, it should have accumulated 6 attempts. Without the ticket it would only accumulate 3 attempts.

There is definitely a problem if you only found one possible attempt after 48 hours. I would suggest you to send in a Help Ticket from your in-game account. Advisors need mobile players to do this because in-game mobile tickets bring through needed details.

Contacting by any other method will only delay support and you'll be asked to go back and send in an in-game help ticket. Also worth noting that sending in help tickets from the mobile in-game account ensures the tickets go through to the mobile advisors directly who'll be far more informed.

Make sure to provide your Player ID when explaining your problem, will make things faster!

Message 7 of 8 (420 Views)

★★ Novice

@SalixCat  thank you I have raised a ticket. I have left it 24 hours this time and still 1/6 attempts available! 

Message 8 of 8 (416 Views)